Selling FE over the phone

May be a demographic thing. But do people really watch commercials? Or OTA TV?

I get commercials on a couple of my streaming channels but I only have to watch them long enough to hit the skip button. Or mute them. It is kinda like sending a call to voice mail.

Definitely is a demographic thing...and with corona more people are sitting around watching TV than ever. They aren't streaming or skipping.

Just my TV call supplier, alone, was buying over $2 million/day in media for MA. Combine that with what the direct advertisers were spending - they told me it was the biggest TV media spend ever during AEP.

They track this stuff down to the minute - if people weren't watching and calling and buying - they'd be long gone...didn't you see MA commercials running like every 6 minutes if you were watching any news program.

May be a demographic thing. But do people really watch commercials? Or OTA TV?

I get commercials on a couple of my streaming channels but I only have to watch them long enough to hit the skip button. Or mute them. It is kinda like sending a call to voice mail.

I could say the same thing for Direct Mail. Do people really open that junk? My junk mail doesn't even make it into the house - it hits the paper recycle bin on the way back from the mailbox...

Nowadays junk mail - it's kinda like sending a message in a bottle...

..didn't you see MA commercials running like every 6 minutes if you were watching any news program.

I honestly do not recall any of the commercials. Again, I have not rehooked up my OTA antenna since I cut satellite off a few years ago. So commercials would be limited. If I see something that interests me I Google it as my phone is permanently attached to my hand.

Of course those commercials are targeted to old people. Not me

I could say the same thing for Direct Mail. Do people really open that junk?

You know, I was having a conversation with an old insurance buddy oh mine. Both of us feel we have a better open / reply rate to old fashioned snail mail than emails right now. Especially lumpy mail.

I don't do purchased leads or out bound sales calls so I am not the guy that would know. My goal is to try to modivate people to call me. Which I would guess is the same as TV advertising.

Back