Selling Insurance Over the Phone/online

I am about to get my L & H Lic. in Texas. I would like to sell FE and Med Sup as much by phone if possible. Anyone out there knows of a good company to go with. I will have to have a sponser to take my test in Texas. Not sure who to go with. Thanks jlweb
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am new to L & H selling. Could you give me some ideas on who to go with for FE and Med. Sup. thanks Jlweb

Last edited:
Med supps is not a "year end" product, they're 365 24/7. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, if so, sorry.

Not sure why anyone would feel that way, med supps are advanced and up front money also, along with the residual.

PS: Frank already responded.

No, I'm referring to Med Supps.

I know it's a year end product and that is why I'm surprised agents are acting as if they are done with the Med Supps for the year and turning back to FE.

Maybe it's a cash flow problem?

I know a lot of guys get addicted to the fast, upfront cash, rather than spreading it out over 6 years?

I don't know.... just curious if Frank had any idea?

I know he is always doing well with Med Supps.

I am looking for advice on getting started selling insurance over the phone/online. I have been licensed for a little over a year now and have sold mortgage protection in person as well as Med supps and Final Exp. Prior to that I worked as a mortgage broker for about 10yrs and hardly ever met clients in person. Over the last year I have realized that I really DON'T enjoy driving all over the place and sitting at someone's kitchen table. I do like selling and I'm not afraid to pick up the phone, and I do think I have a good phone voice.

I have looked at the "Final Expense Telesales" group as well as Christopher Westfall's "Final Expense and Med Supp" sales by phone group. I am not 100% certain if either of these are the best option and am really looking for gudiance from anyone that has worked with them or any other organizations out there that are worth looking into. I am looking for a group that has good support/mentoring in place and something that is turn-key with regards to leads and scripting. I really don't want to have to re-invent the wheel or invent something from scratch. I do have some start up money to invest into getting it going and know that it will take a monthly budget to reinvest back in to the business for leads/technology and I am comfortable with that. I do need to get something going rather quickly and be able to see results pretty quickly as well.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm launching a individual health campaign in South Carolina that has already been tested and done well. If you're interested in that click on the link under my signature and then shoot me an e-mail if that sounds like something you'd like to know more about.

Selling Med Supps over the phone then adding in a life policy sounds interesting. I would be interested in finding out more.

Selling Med Supps over the phone then adding in a life policy sounds interesting. I would be interested in finding out more.

Selling Med Supps is now relatively easy. Adding a final expense policy to a new Med Supp client is more difficult when the agents tries to do it in the same phone call. The agent has to have a very smooth phone presentation and the Med Supp sale has to go perfectly.

Cross selling a small life policy to a new Med Supp client is so much easier when you are sitting across the kitchen table from them. This has been my experience of selling Med Supps for the last sixteen years, almost seventeen now.

If you would like to give me a call I will share my experiences of doing that with you.

Did you guys know that Foresters is going to have a voice signature application soon!!!!

I think that is the best news of the year!

You can't find a better company for FE and now you can actually sell them over the phone....

Anyone who wants a contract with them, let me know.

If you can't find a better company for FE than Foresters, you haven't been looking very hard. Plus, they are new to FE. Only one year of experience and their experience on their other products was terrible.

They are not well priced, they are very difficult to work with and they are not agent friendly. I find Foresters certificates to be almost as easily replaced as LH.

Back