Selling Life Insurance Vs Final Expense

StagekissPDX

Expert
Hey FE forum,

I was talking with my sister last night, and she questioned why I was going to specifically sell Final Expense vs also selling Life Insurance (I sold both with the last IMO I was with). I bunted back to her that my initial drive to get my license, was to sell final expense: I wanted to focus on FE. The 'in-a-nutshelL' backstory on my why, had been set into motion when my beloved Mom passed away in late December, without a stitch of final expense or life insurance set aside. But my sister did get me thinking, as she often does,....

As I'm all set to work with DBGA (YAY! See? This girl can pull the trigger!), I know they have 2 arms to their platform, one being life insurance and the other being final expense. I've been reading in the life insurance forum about the stickability rate of life insurance vs final expense, and now, I'm a bit torn about which one is better to sell, and would have a higher persistency rate. I did some digging, and I can't seem to get much satisfactory data on this.

I'm curious to read your thoughts, words of wisdom, your own experience(s), and which (Life Insurance or Final Expense), in your own opinion, has a better persistency average....and @JRoot, if you'd care to join in and give your .02, on this, that would be amazing as well.

Thanks everyone!

Hey FE forum,

I was talking with my sister last night, and she questioned why I was going to specifically sell Final Expense vs also selling Life Insurance (I sold both with the last IMO I was with). I bunted back to her that my initial drive to get my license, was to sell final expense: I wanted to focus on FE. The 'in-a-nutshelL' backstory on my why, had been set into motion when my beloved Mom passed away in late December, without a stitch of final expense or life insurance set aside. But my sister did get me thinking, as she often does,....

As I'm all set to work with DBGA (YAY! See? This girl can pull the trigger!), I know they have 2 arms to their platform, one being life insurance and the other being final expense. I've been reading in the life insurance forum about the stickability rate of life insurance vs final expense, and now, I'm a bit torn about which one is better to sell, and would have a higher persistency rate. I did some digging, and I can't seem to get much satisfactory data on this.

I'm curious to read your thoughts, words of wisdom, your own experience(s), and which (Life Insurance or Final Expense), in your own opinion, has a better persistency average....and @JRoot, if you'd care to join in and give your .02, on this, that would be amazing as well.

Thanks everyone!

What type of final expense product are you considering selling that isn't funded by life insurance? I'd recommend using state regulated life insurance policies.

Back