Final Expense Leads

You sound like me 20 years ago when I created my first custom leads.
I did a full size page in full color. Had my pretty face on them and my name, address, phone number and very detailed description on one side about Final Expense insurance and how I worked for YOU not the insurance carriers and would shop your rates and find you the lowest price possible.
The other side did the same but was for term insurance. Both sides had sample rates and clearly told them I was their local independent insurance agent.
It had a tear off postage paid reply card and I did it as newspaper inserts (back when most seniors got the daily newspaper). 10,000 of them cost me around $2500 I think.
Picture me rubbing my hands together waiting for those sweet, sweet, well qualified leads…

Well I got 4- replies. Same quality as any other lead. Thought it was free. No, not interested. Oh, is this about insurance? Same ol’ same ol’

I was a tough student. I did a few more dumb attempts at designing leads that got me people that were ready to buy some insurance. I finally learned that those little generic cards that everyone mails that look like crap are the best lead that has ever existed. I probably spent $10,000 to learn that. So that the guys who came later didn’t have to. Some still have to learn the hard way though.

This triggered flash backs for me.

Pharmacy bags, shopping cart, tear off sheets, door hangers, magnetic door signs, a gazillion Business card designs, 24# ultra white premium paper v 20 copy paper in my printer. Stacks of every company brochures in my office and car, personalized final wishes books, oh and leather policy wallets, Starbucks gift cards. Domains, websites and hosting I never used. Abandoned Facebook business & LinkedIn pages.

I couldn't tell you the last time I carried a business card on me or had a single company brochure in my office.

Wish I had all that time back.

You’re correct in saying nobody responds to “ you want to buy life ins “ . But if what the lead card says is totally irrelevant just say “ FREE $10 Walmart gift card . Just fill out your name and address and I’ll get it to you “ . We all know you got to be as vague as possible to get a decent response . But you still want some semblance it’s about burial products . What Noah’s saying is when 90% of focus is on a gift card you get a ton of dead brokes who have no burial ins nor will buy any . He’s saying he doesn’t want to waste time weeding through tons of those . As I said I know many fex agents and I understand your emphasis on wanting the lead to have ins so you can replace it . Knowing there already paying for ins so they’ll keep it .That’s fine but with a free dominated lead the amount of wasted dead beats will be much greater than the standard “ state regulated “ final exp’s. And many face book leads today know there filling out the sheet for burial ins . Like I’ve always said . Deposits and net income don’t lie . Find what works for you and do it
On paper you are correct. But we don’t work on paper or at a desk telling others what can and can’t be done.

I’ve probably worked close to 500 of those leads now.

I can count on one hand the ones that have asked about the gift card and have fingers left.

And not one buyer has asked about it.

Sometimes you just don’t know what you don’t know.

On paper you are correct. But we don’t work on paper or at a desk telling others what can and can’t be done.

I’ve probably worked close to 500 of those leads now.

I can count on one hand the ones that have asked about the gift card and have fingers left.

And not one buyer has asked about it.

Sometimes you just don’t know what you don’t know.

Jd anything’s possible . I can take a list and cold knock doors and sell 1-2 a day . I’m not arguing what can be sold and not sold . I’m not looking to beat my chest I can sell any type lead . My deposits do the talking for me . I and many agents don’t like those leads . It’s funny as hell in the last 10 yrs fex never ran gift card leads now all of a sudden there great . I sat on here and I told you aggressive underwriting would get kskj in trouble . I was laughed at as a Debbie downer . Kskj sure as hell didn’t term fex for no reason . They obviously were losing money on that block of business . It could only be 2 reasons .Bad persistency or heavy death claims .

Jd anything’s possible . I can take a list and cold knock doors and sell 1-2 a day . I’m not arguing what can be sold and not sold . I’m not looking to beat my chest I can sell any type lead . My deposits do the talking for me . I and many agents don’t like those leads . It’s funny as hell in the last 10 yrs fex never ran gift card leads now all of a sudden there great . I sat on here and I told you aggressive underwriting would get kskj in trouble . I was laughed at as a Debbie downer . Kskj sure as hell didn’t term fex for no reason . They obviously were losing money on that block of business . It could only be 2 reasons .Bad persistency or heavy death claims .
As usual, you're speculating without any real knowledge. And even managed to sneak in another reference to your supposed financial success.

I get it. That's your guess. But KSKJ hasn't changed underwriting and they are wanting to recontract agents.

Who cares if you don't like those leads? The sky if falling on any lead you do work. You are miserable about everything.

If you were laughed at it's because you are negative on everything. If someone told you the sun came up today your response would be "big deal, it's going to go back down tonight!".

Then when it gets dark you would get on here saying, "see, I told you it would go down!"

And yes, you are as predictable as the sun coming up and going down.

One of my deposit accounts year to date . Like I said deposits speak for themselves. For a Debbie downer I sure kick some ass !!! As you say that ain’t no desk jockey collecting overrides .

Attachments

• IMG_0229.jpeg
    IMG_0229.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 23
One of my deposit accounts year to date . Like I said deposits speak for themselves. For a Debbie downer I sure kick some ass !!! As you say that ain’t no desk jockey collecting overrides .
It’s also not FE

And if things are so swell with you then why so much gloom and doom?

Most of there agents are using a Walmart gift card survey lead . I actually had a copy of it . It’s got about 10 questions on it and to get the gift card “ fill out all the questions “ it’s drawing 2-3% . But again many dirt poor broke people just wanting the gift card filling out . But you can sell some mapd off it . I think all of us have run the Walmart gift card leads . I personally never liked them . Hell if your going to do that run the Nasb $5 “ if you fill this card out “ lead . Several vendors are running these type leads now as the costs of direct mail have risen big . Some agents just want raw high returns.
May you share the ad copy ? or pm it ? I"m curious what the questions on the survey are.

what ever happened to lead jerk? I been out of the game a while, used to get some decent stuff from him
I don’t think he’s in the lead business now?

But they were good. I never bought any of his leads but Matt would give me some every now and then when he had an overflow or an agent stuck him with leads.

I always did very well with them.

I did a long interview with him several years ago that he had on his website.

Might still be there?

Back