Selling MA and MS in States without Non Res License

MedicareTx

Pretty sure I know the answer to this, just want to confirm. Are there any states that allow someone that is licensed in Tx to sell Medicare products, but does NOT have a non resident license in that state, to sell both MA and MS there by phone and put it in the Agency they work for owners name, who does have have a non res license in that state?

Pretty sure I know the answer to this, just want to confirm. Are there any states that allow someone that is licensed in Tx to sell Medicare products, but does NOT have a non resident license in that state, to sell both MA and MS there by phone and put it in the Agency they work for owners name, who does have have a non res license in that state?
I don't know the laws in all 50 states, but I feel pretty confident when I say that is incredibly illegal in every state and territory of the United States.

Long answer is no

on top of that, No insurance carrier will pay you if you are not appointed, and you have to be lic first to get appointed,

So even if you did this, you would not even get paid for it

This situation is not a street level agent, works under an agency (agency pays agent 1/2 commission) so agency would pay agent 1/2 the commission as any other deal in agents state (or so it was suggested).

Edit-I'm incorrect, as it's not like any other deal as it would be written in agencies owners name (vs agents name like it would be for Tx biz) using his login info for enrollment avenue.

Last edited:
I don't know the laws in all 50 states, but I feel pretty confident when I say that is incredibly illegal in every state and territory of the United States.
Like lose your license, along with agency owner losing his kinda illegal. And possibly facing criminal charges, as I was reading Tx statutes (and called them along with a couple of other states) and it's mentions 3rd degree felony for selling ins in the state w/out a license.

Like lose your license, along with agency owner losing his kinda illegal. And possibly facing criminal charges, as I was reading Tx statutes (and called them along with a couple of other states) and it's mentions 3rd degree felony for selling ins in the state w/out a license.

look any way you slice it, it is something you need to NOT do there is nothing to discuss, dont do it

I have only skimmed this whole topic. But from what I have read here I would summarize it by saying that
Agents who sell Supplements are kind, loving, confident, sharing humanitarians.
Agents who sell MA are vile, loathsome creatures that would off their own grandmothers with an empty aerosol can if they thought they could get that $3 out of her purse.
Agents who sell both are bi-polar.

Did I miss anything?

I have only skimmed this whole topic. But from what I have read here I would summarize it by saying that
Agents who sell Supplements are kind, loving, confident, sharing humanitarians.
Agents who sell MA are vile, loathsome creatures that would off their own grandmothers with an empty aerosol can if they thought they could get that $3 out of her purse.
Agents who sell both are bi-polar.

Did I miss anything?

LOL I know the thread your talking about but its not this one

look any way you slice it, it is something you need to NOT do there is nothing to discuss, dont do it

I agree, and ended up severing my relationship with the agency over it. It was just asked of me so nonchalantly and in writing, like it was done everyday, and even though I knew better from the get-go (and called several of the states DOI's to confirm as well, including mine) I just wanted some confirmation to make sure I wasn't missing something with MA business.
Now I am in the enrollment period without an upline for MA as I can't change till 1-1.
It is what is it is, thanks for the confirmations.

Back