"Selling" the broadest possible scope of appointment

MedicareWAA

Expert
I'm trying to get better at how I actually explain the SOA to a prospect. What's your best pitch for making it sound like the broadest possible scope is actually a positive for the client?

I always seem to get too caught up in how I explain them and I feel like there must be a 5 second elevator pitch that makes it sound like agreeing to talk about everything is actually a good service.

Walter

It keeps record of who saw you it makes sense for in home appointments but its the govt so you know how it goes

Anyway this is just an agreement, in other words you are agreeing to speak with an agent regarding Govt subsidized plans Like MA and PDP plans

This form tells you - and the insurance company - that I am only allowed to talk to you about the Medicare product which is checked off.

Many seniors are being taken advantage of by salesman who get in the door to discuss Medicare and then switch to refinancing your mortgage, remodel your kitchen, etc.

This form tells you - and the insurance company - that I am only allowed to talk to you about the Medicare product which is checked off.

Many seniors are being taken advantage of by salesman who get in the door to discuss Medicare and then switch to refinancing your mortgage, remodel your kitchen, etc.

Not too many good salespersons are going to bring up red flags like this before they even sign a scope!

I tell them “ not all seniors have a good marble count. This is to protect people like you from people like me.” And when UHC used to require a signed checklist of everything the agent was required to go over, I explained “and THIS is to protect people like me from people like you”

I'm trying to get better at how I actually explain the SOA to a prospect. What's your best pitch for making it sound like the broadest possible scope is actually a positive for the client?

I always seem to get too caught up in how I explain them and I feel like there must be a 5 second elevator pitch that makes it sound like agreeing to talk about everything is actually a good service.

Walter

I simply state:

"Medicare requires I get a Scope of Appointment signed before discussing your Medicare plan options. By signing it, you are simply stating you wish to discuss your options with me."

That's it. If they ask additional questions I will answer them, but that's my elevator pitch.

I just tell them that “The Center For Medicare requires that we document all appointments. This form doesn’t change or alter your Medicare plan in any way, shape, or form. You may read through it completely if you’d like. Please sign on the line when you’re ready.”

You're supposed to explain the scope before they sign it? :spinny:

Why? (seriously).

In-person, I hand them the paper and say "I need your initials here, and sign here" with arrows. No explanation... it's a STUPID form so I give it 0 minutes of my time other than, "initial here and sign please." - 30 seconds and we move that off to the side.

If they ask (most don't), I'll let them know what it is (I basically say, "It's just a form that documents that I told you that I don't work for the government - I know, you already know that, but regulations...."), but most don't ask - people run on auto-pilot and just initial and sign when you put it in front of them.

Over phone (via Sunfire usually), I fill it out, send it, and just walk them through the sig. Rarely do I say more than, "I need you to sign this form my records - it'll come to you in a text - it's just a form that says that I told you that I'm an agent and not a government worker. Once you get it, click the link, and I'll give you a code."

Think of it like the HIPAA form when you go to the doctor's office - when was the last time the nurse sat down with you and went over that form? They didn't - they just tell you to sign it. Likewise, here's the form, initial where I put the arrows, then sign and date. Thanks.

Back