Senior Services of North America

A lot of people come on here searching for information on this company so I’m going to write a review of what my recent experience has been with them.
I had recently just sold my 4 year old health book for a hefty sum and decided to plunge into Medicare after taking a year long break.
When searching for an fmo I found these guys and they had a lot of positive reviews on Glassdoor so I decided to call and speak with the owners about working with them.
In speaking with one of the two owners I was given the hard sell about how great their organization is and how it’s thee place to be for independent Medicare agents.
The thing that caught my attention was when he said that they cover all the lead cost for you 100%. In the environment I had come from I spent between 2,000 and 4,000 per month on leads so hearing that there was zero lead cost was intriguing. I specifically clarified - do you mean you offer some free leads but agents also need to supplement by purchasing additional leads?
I was told - No, there’s no reason at all to buy any leads because we cover that cost for you.
I was perfectly happy to pay for leads but even happier to hear that I didn’t need to.
I then explained that I had 42 state licenses and wanted to get appointed in all states to do telesales. I was immediately discouraged from doing this and told one state was plenty.
I found this very odd and I silently disagreed.
Afterwards I asked if I could attend their upcoming sales webinar and on the webinar this is what happened.
The webinar was about 2 hours long and there were roughly 100 participants. The moderator which was the same person I had spoken with a couple days earlier preached incessantly about how important is was for all the agents to buy leads and invest in their business
This is the same guy who just told me not to do this.
Then he carries on saying that the most effective way to do business is in person
This is the same guy who just told me I didn’t need to buy leads and he has several agents making 200K a year doing Medicare telesales
I didn’t work with them long enough to give an assessment on their system but once someone lies to me I’m out.
In summary I wouldn’t recommend this FMO to an agent but at the same time I can’t say their awful because they have several agents there who are apparently very happy with them based on what I heard on the webinar.
My honest impression and experience is that this place is a sort of beehive sweat shop in which the 2 guys running it are trying to recruit as many warm bodies as possible and saying whatever they need to say to the agents to get them onto the hamster wheel.
This doesn’t mean they aren’t providing any support for the agents - I am sure they are.
This doesn’t mean they have bad intentions- it seems like their success is based on the agents so they have a vested interest in ensuring the agents success like all FMO/IMO’s.
Personally, I can’t do business with them due to my discomfort with the interactions I had but if you’re interested you should reach out to them and form your own opinion.
This is just an honest review of what I experienced and nothing more.

I’ve never heard of them. Two red flags stand out. Free leads is the first one. And there are some legit free leads in Medicare Advantage at times. But never choose an Upline over the promise of free leads. You have no control over free leads. Get your maximum commissions and payment direct from the carriers is always the most important thing. If they want to give you some free leads with NO contracts to sign or fishy stuff that’s just a nice perk. But don’t base your whole business plan on free leads.
2nd red flag is their website does not disclose who the two guys are. That’s always something to be aware of. Good agencies promote who the people are behind the agency. Maybe if they are huge like Amerilife the owners can be less of a concern. But a small Medicare agency the owners should be telling their story. Who we are. What we have done. Check us out. They should be proud of who they are and want you to know.
Could be good guys. Who knows. But I would always pass over the lack of transparency.

Newby anyone doing any type of 1/2 way business with mapd will get free mail outs during the year based on production and a crap ton during aep . I’d never pay a dime for mapd leads especially now as the months roll by and your commission is pro rated . You’ll get mailers from the Imo and mailers from the regional people you get to know . You should also be getting all supplies and promotional items such as personal flyers , pens,masks , sanitizers etc from the carrier reps . CO’s give huge marketing dollars to fmo’s and the fmo’s overides and back end huge . I’m building my mapd book at no marketing cost as the fmo shares big in my success .Were all self employed people with zero benefits . It’s a business . Do your research from the highest comp you can get to who can help you grow with skin in the game .

Newby anyone doing any type of 1/2 way business with mapd will get free mail outs during the year based on production and a crap ton during aep . I’d never pay a dime for mapd leads especially now as the months roll by and your commission is pro rated . You’ll get mailers from the Imo and mailers from the regional people you get to know . You should also be getting all supplies and promotional items such as personal flyers , pens,masks , sanitizers etc from the carrier reps . CO’s give huge marketing dollars to fmo’s and the fmo’s overides and back end huge . I’m building my mapd book at no marketing cost as the fmo shares big in my success .Were all self employed people with zero benefits . It’s a business . Do your research from the highest comp you can get to who can help you grow with skin in the game .
Agreed. But I wouldn’t base my whole business on anybody’s free leads. You have no control. Take them but not if you have to give up any commission or assign any commissions or sign any non-competes, etc.
I built my Medicare book on middle income seniors with a mix of 75% Med Sup and 25% Advantage. I wouldn’t have it any other way. The dual eligible Advantage is the highest maintenance and depending on what the carrier does each year can be the least stable.

Back