Sentinel Life??

FEX

Looking for the good, bad, and ugly on Sentinel Life. Any information would be helpful. I have seen alot of talk lately about them.

Solid company. Been around since 1948 I believe.

Great Med Supp product in the states I work.

Very competitively priced FE product, that has taken a step back due to changing from a phone app to an e app with a phone call for an instant decision.

Their graded (New Vantage 2) is a big reason to have them as they take COPD with oxygen true graded 30/70/100 & pay better comp than GI

Definitely worth carrying for price busting FE with niches as well as a very competitive Med Supp.

Very competitively priced FE product, that has taken a step back due to changing from a phone app to an e app with a phone call for an instant decision.

Was a great 15-18min full phone app til they did this. Basically niche only now company.

They charge 1% monthly on your outstanding advance balance. At least they do on my contract. I haven't sold their med supp but they say they will charge it on that also for the 12 month advance.

Not a huge issue but it adds up and is more penalizing the larger the premium. As stated above the eApp process is a big step back and I'll likely switch them to as earned for those niche cases when they can really come in handy to avoid GI.

We used them as out telesales go-to up until they made the switch to the eapp. The only issue before then, they don't have true social security billing or even Wednesday billing for that matter.
While there are a lot of reasons to use them they basically don't understand the FE market or seem to care to learn.

The Eapp for Medsup is one of the b2st on the market with an instant decision 50% of the time.

The FE Eapp is the exact same only requires a phone interview on every app. Then it doesn't give a decision the majority of the time while still with Apptical. Many cases will require another call directly to UW at sentinel. This is not a user friendly way to do telesales.

I have heard they are getting major push back from IMO and have stated they are looking into changing things to make more sense.

Time will tell

Back