SEO for Insurance Websites

Thanks a lot. I am going to reach out to them and call up some local people.

I don't know if I am getting ripped off. I was just wondering if there is a big difference between a $500 dollar website and a $10,000 website.

Much of website pricing is one of mass production and/or specialization. Some firms have to charge you more because they have to learn how to do it for a given industry. While other firms have done it for XYZ type company, so to some extent you get to piggy back off the other job they did. Yes you may get the same Word Press "Theme" but unless you are huge company, who
cares.

Some firms get all of their programming done in the US and many outsource almost the entire thing.

That being said, I have seen dramatically different pricing form one vendor to another. Frankly its a matter of the finished product and not cost. I would not ASSUME that you get what you pay for.

Best of Luck to you.

I am going to be starting my own agency soon offering personal and commercial insurance products. Ive been doing a lot of research my self on websites and SEO and I cant seem to find a straight answer on the best way to even start building a website. There are so many platforms like Wix, Squarespace, and Wordpress. My questions is, what is the best platform to build a website on that is going to generate leads or should I hire a company to do it for me? Or is it even worth the time and money?

Any information would help. Thanks in advance!

If you just want a storefront, then pay very little.

If you want your website to search organically, then find a light theme and a great host. This should be able to be set up for under 1k and 25/mo...I use WPEnigine so if you get a WordPress site, they're super fast. Then create a lot of relevant content (on your own).

I saw in an earlier post that you didn't have time to create a site for organic search and you wanted to hire someone. This is a terrible idea. You want to create your own content and design. No one knows what you offer better than yourself. If you commit 1-2 hours per day to write relevant for your audience, you'll have MUCH better results than hiring some SEO company.

You also need to search out backlinks. Use a service like HARO to find reporters willing to quote and/or backlink to your website based on your expertise.

If you need some dynamic flow on your site (if/then stuff on a quoter with different paths) then you should hire a full stack developer.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice! I think I am going to try and write my own content as well as get help from a SEO company. I set some calls up next week with a some who say they are really good at insurance and will build the website. Hoping I find the right company next week.

Thanks again!

I talked with a few SEO companies and they all sound very similar. The price has varied from $500/month to $2400/month. Has anyone worked a SEO company and what were your results?

Here are the companies i talked with so far:
Marketing360
Bright Fire
321 Web Marketing
Nelson Marketing

I found this article on the forum: SEO agency shares new 2020 digital insurance marketing guide. It was from 321 Web Marketing. Are they more trustworthy because the insurance forum shared the article?

I am just having a hard time picking the right company. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Whatever you do, don't fall for one of these scam pay by the months deals for a website.

This x100. Make sure you own the Domain & the actual site design/source files.

The second part of that is what gets a lot of people screwed over. Many of the "cookie cutter" pay by the month all inclusive services are basically just leasing you the rights to use their website design. If you want to move from that service, all you have is a blank page of a web domain.

I second using WP with a good theme and good hosting. Imo, hiring someone for design is fine. But write your own content. Dont pay too much for the design if using a pre-bought theme... it involves very little coding, and its simple coding (CSS, HTML, & PHP for complex needs).

To answer the question about the difference between a $10k site and a $500 site... it varies. A $10k WP site for insurance better be a custom built theme and not just tweaking a pre-built theme... or major customization to a pre-built theme. A $500 site will depend heavily on the theme being used. Hosting (speed of site) matters to both. A $10k site on a crappy shared host plan will rank horribly compared to a $500 site with a good theme and super fast hosting.

You can find great themes for $100 and under. You can find people to tweak those themes to your specs for $200-$1000 depending on how much customization you need. (fiver is a good site to find people with reviews and examples of work)

If you can use ms word on a computer, you are tech savvy enough to write content (articles) on WP. Paying for content is the last thing you need to spend money on in you have insurance knowledge in your head. Plus you have to worry about "duplicate" content if you are paying someone, meaning that exact or very similar article appears on other sites, and google will red flag that and drop you like a rock in the search results. (the monthly canned sites that give "free content" are notorious for getting flagged by google for canned content.

Back