Signed With NYL....1st Month = Success

Wear a suit in a nice bar, sit by yourself, tell me what happens....

You mean to tell me I only need to dress professionally, sit in a bar, and I can write huge cases? Potential clients are going to approach me and what, ask if they can buy life insurance from me?

You mean to tell me I only need to dress professionally, sit in a bar, and I can write huge cases? Potential clients are going to approach me and what, ask if they can buy life insurance from me?

Actually it can work. I used to call it bar-stool prospecting.

No, they dont walk up to you and ask to buy LI.

But if you go to a bar that white collar professionals visit after work, it can work well.

9 times out of 10 when I have struck up a conversation with someone at a bar after work, the question of "what do you do?" comes up at some point.
And almost everyone has something to say about insurance or financial markets. Its not hard to get a work conversation going, and its not hard to get a business card and call the guy after.

One of my best clients was gained by this method.

The trick is that you dont push the conversation or try to make a sale right there. You simply make a professional acquaintance and call on them 3 or 4 days after.

If you are female, a short skirt and low cut blouse may help. If you are male and frequent bars where you dress in this manner, I'd rather not know about it. :twitchy:

Back