SNF 100 Days Reset To Day 1 On New MA ?

No, I see what you guys are saying though. I've never ran into that situation. I'm still not 100% convinced. I'd have to call the company if I ever ran into it...

I gave you BCBS IL's phone #. Call and ask them in the morning. Remember, you're an hour ahead.

I wouldn't blame you for checking. I always like to verify that stuff for myself too.

No, I see what you guys are saying though. I've never ran into that situation. I'm still not 100% convinced. I'd have to call the company if I ever ran into it...

If you find a company that is willing to pay for an existing claim, that will be the first.

There is a difference between covering claims later arising from pre-existing conditions and covering a claim that is on-going when the policy starts.

If you find a company that is willing to pay for an existing claim, that will be the first.

There is a difference between covering claims later arising from pre-existing conditions and covering a claim that is on-going when the policy starts.

I'm not saying there is one out there.. I would rather pay a portion of a current SNF claim, then take someone that was just diagnosed with cancer if I was med supp carrier...

I am living this in real time with my mom. One week ago the doctor told me she had a 50% of dieing and now her mapd wants her outnof snf after three weeks.

I am living this in real time with my mom. One week ago the doctor told me she had a 50% of dieing and now her mapd wants her outnof snf after three weeks.

I'd start appealing that...tomorrow. Don't know if it'll do any good, all they can do is say no...but it's worth a shot.

Sorry to hear about your mom.

I'd start appealing that...tomorrow. Don't know if it'll do any good, all they can do is say no...but it's worth a shot. Sorry to hear about your mom.

Thanks, this is such an ugly situation. I havent even shared the worst of it, my step father being a total pain in the ass.

She is stuck in Maui for at least three months and I swear Kaiser has the island bugged. They have the market on providers cornered.

I'd start appealing that...tomorrow. Don't know if it'll do any good, all they can do is say no...but it's worth a shot. Sorry to hear about your mom.

If you appeal something like this what happens if you lose? And how long does it take? It really doesnt help if its takes two weeks.

Back