• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Sons of Norway SIWL

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Has anyone wrote a policy with them besides me? Called the new business department today to check status. All policies are still just like they were last Friday. I may have raised my voice and the guy tries to say I have no reason to do that because we are on the same side. I let him know that simplified issue shouldn't take so long. I could have wrote any of these with another carrier and they would have been issued and paid in 3 days max. He said just because they are simplified issue doesn't mean they don't have to do their due diligence. I really think I hurt his feelings by the way he acted after I got a little pissed.

I talked with a lady a few weeks ago about coverage on her husband. Quoted MOO and she wouldn't commit. Told her about SofN and left. She called Friday and wants to see me so I may have to sell them. I am not going to quote them anymore unless I run into a Globe policy or something else that I can't replace. The RVP told me they don't want to be my primary carrier. They have a sales campaign going on now where you get 125% if you write WL, but I found out Friday that doesn't include SIWL so that tells me they really only want FU apps. Every time I e-mail the underwriter about a case her response is 'Since we cannot APS a SIWL applicant you should apply for a FU WL." Oh so the applicant only wants $15,000 for final expenses and is willing to spend $100, but I should show them $50,000 for $400? SIWLis anything less than $50,000 and FU is anything above.

Typically takes about a week to get correspondence back on SIWL’s for me. Have to submit the app, then their interview service reaches out to them and then underwing ensues. Would be great if they’d just do the PHI in the home (obviously).

It does take about a week for new business to reach out to you. They do a script check and they want you to go out and get details about each medication that is prescribed. I had 1 lady who forgot to give me 1 drug. The company acted like she was withholding something. The drug was Levothyroxine for Hypothyroidism. No big deal, but they made me think it was something. I was told that after I have detailed everything then they will decide if the case is worth ordering an PHI. If they for any reason think they don't want to proceed they will not make the order. They also check for prior applications. Had a man apply for Globe a while ago and they wanted details. Most carriers don't care if you applied elsewhere. He did and I had to explain to them why. A lot of extra detail for the agent. They are making some changes that I hope will be addressed in the conference call on 8/20. Also found out they don't pay E&O any longer.

I got a call from the underwriter at SofN telling me that they will issue a policy on the wife of the couple that I wrote, but had to decline the husband. Her reason was because he had pneumonia and was hospitalized 2 days in February. She didn't mention his COPD. Now I got to find him something else. He has already told me he can't afford Transamerica.

The underwriter thanked me more than once for sending in details on a seperate sheet of paper. I realize now I should not have mentioned the hospitalization, but that is when the applicant was told he had a touch of COPD. I let her know their SIWL was anything but simplified.

Back