Splitting Commission

Splitting is not a problem. The problem is that I worked to help them get the leads. It was plenty of times I was at the table alone. Also I still don't have the leads yet so I can be given anything. I talked to some good prospects but I may not be given their information. If I get the leads, I will take the split because it is something. I know better now. I refuse to be used, because if that was the case she could have done the event alone and if she wanted to share the leads then I think splitting the commission would have been fair.

It's really a good lesson that we all learn at one point or another. Begin with the end in mind. Figure out splits, etc. before you do ANY work with another human being. As a matter of fact, I make sure that people I refer business to will NOT cross sell. That was another painful one to learn.

He said he'd give you 50% of the leads. Some people keep their word, others not so much. Do business with those who do.

Take 1 quick shot at getting something out of the deal then move on and don't waste any more time - lesson learned. It was a good one and not very expensive. Learn it now.

When you do an event with another agent that didn't know about the event and you invite them to help,do you split commission on the leads you give them and if so what is a fair commission? Also it didn't cost me to do the event.

I think that the 5 20s is a good way to do it. Rarely do I see anything other than 50/50. You don't need to split anything. Get your CLU, CFP, etc and as u go thru those programs u will gain confidence.

Back