Splitting Healthy/Unheathy Family Question

ntbktrader

Expert
I have a newbie question, I have a family that wants health insurance. The family consists of dad, mom, 3 children. The wife and one of the daughters has health issues and will be a decline. They know they will end up in the Texas health pool.

Should I submit an app with just the wife and daughter so they can get their decline letter and be eligible for the pool? Meanwhile send a separate application with the healthy husband and two kids so they can get coverage asap?

Last edited:
They don't want any supplemental products. I had another lady recently that got declined and she didn't want any supplemental products either. I've had a tough time selling ci, acc, etc.

Incorrect NTBK. daughter is GI due to health care reform. There will be no decline letter from the ins company. There could be a massive rate up due to the condition, however it is what it is and you are stuck with that. Dont write Cigna as they wont pay you if the kid is a decline rate up although they have to take the kid.

If the wife is a decline based on your professional oponion you can attest to that on the agent portion of the risk pool app and no need to go through the deniel process for the mom.

Thanks Peeler, all children are GI up to age 26 now? She is 22
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, they are actually talking about dropping the 22 yo daughter. If I submit an app, she gets rated up an amount they can't afford can they drop her from their policy and have the rate up taken out?

Last edited:
I have a newbie question, I have a family that wants health insurance. The family consists of dad, mom, 3 children. The wife and one of the daughters has health issues and will be a decline. They know they will end up in the Texas health pool.

Should I submit an app with just the wife and daughter so they can get their decline letter and be eligible for the pool? Meanwhile send a separate application with the healthy husband and two kids so they can get coverage asap?

Rather than playing underwritier and trying to guess the out come of an app, I would submit the entire family.
Are you 100% sure the wife/dau will be declined?
What are the ages of the children?

Back