Starting tomorrow - Going to run AFLAC out of town!

As far as the product is concerned I'm not quit sure as I'm not taking this route yet. It's an avenue I'm hoping to pursue down the road and/or on off days. I was just told by my "mentor" that he can offer products that are that much cheaper. Companies that don't focus far less on marketing but in turn provide the same benefits at a much lower cost.

I'm guessing the the products will have to be shopped individually rather then under one roof (AFLAC).

It does makes sense however the employers would reject this idea based on the above post. But then again if you hit the road all day (B2B as this forum says) and try to convince them on savings as well as service that a few would realize that they were sold simply on namebrand alone and not quality of product or service.

Times are tough, why make your employees pay more for the same benefits?

keep in mind I still don't know what I'm talking about
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Is simply stating the fact that the duck is ran during all the major television events which proves the point alone that the premiums are going to be higher to pay for all that high dollar tv time considered bashing?

I just thought it painted a picture clear as day

Last edited:
I was just told by my "mentor" that he can offer products that are that much cheaper. Companies that don't focus far less on marketing but in turn provide the same benefits at a much lower cost.

But then again if you hit the road all day (B2B as this forum says) and try to convince them on savings as well as service that a few would realize that they were sold simply on namebrand alone and not quality of product or service.

Is simply stating the fact that the duck is ran during all the major television events which proves the point alone that the premiums are going to be higher to pay for all that high dollar tv time considered bashing?

Yes, this is all quite logical, but the problem is....

LOGIC DOESN'T SELL.

You're pissin' into the wind. One final piece of advice - forget about trying to "convince" someone of something. Instead, focus on being a conduit to help them convince themselves.

You'll have a LOT more success that way.

But taking advantage of all the duck advertising is the point. People know immediately what you are talking about and you're starting from an amusing point and you just skipped over several minutes of ice-breaking chit chat. Look how Avis came out of nowhere with their "We're in second place so we try harder" campaign."

Now, this is where you have to be careful. Certainly don't bash Aflac. Just use their advertising to your own advantage. Avis didn't bash Hertz, they just used the tremendous advertising efforts of Hertz against them.

I'm not disagreeing with much of what has been said. I just think that if you have determined to go down that road, there are good and not so good ways to get there.

Don't focus on lower prices, sell the value and benefits in a good product to the right person, everyone thinks selling on price is the golden ticket. I disagree, as do the studies about how people buy.

Hi all,

I am starting tomorrow not only as a new insurance agent as I just past my test 2 weeks ago but as an independent agent. It feels good for the fact that I am literally my own boss but also scary for the fact that I have no real training. I'm working under a long time family friend some 8 hours away who's got me going in a general direction and who I call on when questions arise but other then that I'm on my own.

I am going to start by focussing my efforts on the trucking industry especially locally owned companies for specific resons.

But I would also like to attempt to steal away some of AFLAC's customers knowing that I can cut their rates by up to 50% by simply offering benefits from companies that don't advertise with ducks during the Super Bowl. Have any of you had success in doing this?

If so what kind of advice can you give to a complete and total newbie?

Thanks

.......here goes nuttin :goofy:

Don't focus on lower prices, sell the value and benefits in a good product to the right person, everyone thinks selling on price is the golden ticket. I disagree, as do the studies about how people buy.

Sales Coach

What studies are you looking at?

Anytime I have picked up a new group client I had to save them money. When it comes to new businesses 90% of the time the owner wants to see a market snapshot. Why would they want to see what other carriers are quoting?

I have picked up AOR's with selling my services as it will save them time.

Let's pretend I own a small business and I'm putting in a good bit of money each year as my share of an insurance benefit. Now let's pretend that That Guy has gotten in front of me (never mind how at this point) and is making his sales pitch to move from Aflac.

That Guy: "You have used the Duck for years. They have done a good job for you, but the fact is that a good bit of what you are paying the Duck goes for their funny ads. Don't you love their ads?"

Me: "I guess so."

That Guy: "Well, here's a chart of what you have been paying the Duck over the past four years and what you would have been paying for my company. My company is rated as well and is very service oriented. As you can see, you would have saved x dollars because my company believes more in saving their clients money than in spending on advertising."

Me: [thinking] "Mmm.... with those extra bucks, I can take my secretary to the next convention."

Back