States that require a replacement form for just owning life insurance

inreverse

Guru
100+ Post Club
MN
Some states require a replacement form to be completed if the client currently owns existing life insurance, even if it is not being replaced. Which states require that?

What states require a form to be completed merely that someone owns life?

I knowost carriers ask about existing life, but that is so they can underwrite the client based on too much coverage, etc.

But are there really states that require separate forms for merely owning life? If so, is it individual life, group life, credit union A,D & D?

What states require a form to be completed merely that someone owns life?

I knowost carriers ask about existing life, but that is so they can underwrite the client based on too much coverage, etc.

But are there really states that require separate forms for merely owning life? If so, is it individual life, group life, credit union A,D & D?

Any state that has accepted the NAIC model requires a replacement form even if not replacing.

I do most of my business in Ky but also Tn and In. In Tn and Indiana I do not have to do a replacement form if not replacing. In Ky I do.

You just put on the form "no replacement involved"

It's not a big deal. Just one more form.

It pertains to suitability of the sale. Not all life apps ask if current coverage is being cancelled or kept. Its a way to ensure the status of existing coverage is recorded during the sales process.

Back