Stolen Car

this thread sounds fishy.....

Its been three weeks and you are just now asking this?

Claim should have been closed in three weeks, UNLESS they have reason to suspect you of something and apparently they did or you wouldnt be posting....

Are you upside down on the value to what you owe on the car?

the vehicle was taken into the woods and was damaged pretty bad. I owe 3000 and the vehicle is worth 20,000. I loved this truck and am sick over this whole ordeal. The insurance company just put a hold on the repairs. I just recieved a letter from the insurance company and waiting to schedule a interview.

Ahh yes, there is reason to be concerned about the claim. Leaving the keys in the car won't cause a denial, but its likely to get you a call from the special investigation team from the carrier. The good news is, its one of those stupidity things that people tend not to make up.

Be prepared to answer a lot of questions. I'll say it now, so you know its coming. They will basically accuse you of planning this and will investigate it accordingly. Best thing to do is simply answer the questions, turn in the records they ask for (such as cell phone records) and go along with the process. You can ask questions as to why, but they look for fraud in these types of claims and will go out of their way to find it if it is there. If it isn't there, then they pay the claim.

If people didn't do stupid things, there wouldn't be as much need for insurance. Its why you have it.

Dan

Back