Stroke in 2014 Fully Recovered

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have this client who had a stroke in 2014 but shows no affects. the only residual effects she has from the stroke is migraines. but looking at her or talking to her you can't tell she has had one will anybody take her?

I have this client who had a stroke in 2014 but shows no affects. the only residual effects she has from the stroke is migraines. but looking at her or talking to her you can't tell she has had one will anybody take her?

By reading any of your carrier's applications and underwriting guides, should answer that for you. After 2 years with most companies is ok, depending on the their complete health picture.

Is that like the guy that just has a "touch" of AIDS??

I knew a guy, 20+ years in the industry, tell me there was no reason why a carrier would not insure a kid with CF (cystic fibrosis). After all, he looked healthy.

This was in the pre-Obamacare days.

Goillini will probably chime in soon. He keep spread sheets on which carriers do what.

Depending on the type of stroke, good chance he is on a blood thinner which may kill the deal.

She takes medicine for cholesterol, Thyroid medication. She also takes as needed migraine medicine. No Blood thinner.

She takes medicine for cholesterol, Thyroid medication. She also takes as needed migraine medicine. No Blood thinner.

You're good to submit if 2yrs with most carriers...3 a few others.

I would have submitted yesterday...go for it.

Come on really?!? When was the exact date of the stroke?

I knew a guy, 20+ years in the industry, tell me there was no reason why a carrier would not insure a kid with CF (cystic fibrosis). After all, he looked healthy.

This was in the pre-Obamacare days.

Goillini will probably chime in soon. He keep spread sheets on which carriers do what.

Depending on the type of stroke, good chance he is on a blood thinner which may kill the deal.

Just about all of them are 2 years. Oxford's 3 years and New Era's are 5 years.

Back