Studying for the CA Exam

JoKat

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I started out thinking I needed to learn about insurance so that I know what I was doing when I took the test.

Many told me to just learn the practice exam over and over until I got 90% then take the exam. I did not do it that way.

I did the 40 hours life/health/accident and the 12 hours ethics. Then I watched all the videos and studied the book. I then started the practice exam and I found I did not know much. I got a 55% on my first try. The second try I got 77% the 3rd I got 89%. I have one week before I take the exam.

I know I will past the exam.

Hi there, I am also schedule for L&H test in June.
Just wandering, if someone help with a tricky questions.

Study any and all practice tests over and over till you get 90% then study the CA specific info. There a few questions regarding CA, but study the practice tests.

Take time at answering the questions on test day. Read and understand the questions well then take time to exam the answers and chose the best one.

You can at anytime go back and change you answers until you end the test. You have more than enough time to take the test. There are 160 Questions for Life and Health. There is a 3 hour time limit I finished in 1.5 hours and had taken my time and went back and looked over a few questions.

Good luck.

Thank You for valuable input..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thank You very much....
Quick Question...Any idea on how much score needed to pass ?
60 or 75 % ?

Last edited:
Thank You for valuable input..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thank You very much....
Quick Question...Any idea on how much score needed to pass ?
60 or 75 % ?

Just took my P&C test last month, one guy there showed me his Life and Health test score: 62% and it showed that he PASSED.

Monday morning i will be @ test site.Little nervous...not because of the test, because life takes U TURN & at retirement age, I have to
re-learn to survive. No complains yet some mixed regrets...well,
everyone has to carry their own cross.... Just little topic change from text book.... Amen,
Please cross your fingers for me....Mike

Back