Suggestions About Medicare Supplement

I have found it very difficult to sell med supps in the KC metro area. It seems to me it would be much eaiser to sell med supps in the rural areas that offer no MA plans. This means I need to cold call and drive 100 miles out of KC in order to make sales. I have no desire to drive 100 miles to make a 300 dollar comish check. Is anybody making a good living selling med supps in a Metro area?????

I have found it very difficult to sell med supps in the KC metro area. It seems to me it would be much eaiser to sell med supps in the rural areas that offer no MA plans. This means I need to cold call and drive 100 miles out of KC in order to make sales. I have no desire to drive 100 miles to make a 300 dollar comish check. Is anybody making a good living selling med supps in a Metro area?????

Most of us in the med supp business DO drive those distances on a regular basis. I would happily drive 2-3 times that for a sure sale. I'm not only looking at the first year commish. I'm looking to gain a client so I will continue receiving that level commission year after year after year. If you keep up with your clients, it is well worth it.
My humble opinion.

Most of us in the med supp business DO drive those distances on a regular basis. I would happily drive 2-3 times that for a sure sale. I'm not only looking at the first year commish. I'm looking to gain a client so I will continue receiving that level commission year after year after year. If you keep up with your clients, it is well worth it.
My humble opinion.

Seriously, you'd drive 300 miles each way for one med supp? That's probably an 8-10 hour roundtrip.

You ever heard of using email or even snail mail?

I'll drive 200 miles but not for one sale. When I do a mailing that far away I set up one to two days worth of appointments.

Rick

Seriously, you'd drive 300 miles each way for one med supp? That's probably an 8-10 hour roundtrip.

You ever heard of using email or even snail mail?

I'll drive 200 miles but not for one sale. When I do a mailing that far away I set up one to two days worth of appointments.

Rick

Seriously, I would. If I had nothing else set up, I would take out one day for a new client. Driving doesn't bother me in the slightest. Obviously, it's not something I'd do on a regular basis, but if it meant the difference between getting the client or not, I'd do it.

I would rather drive 9 miles down the road and sell a final expense plan or term life policy. Now, if like Rick said I had a full day of appointments in a far away place I may do that. I feel like I wasted way too much time driving the KC metro area trying to sell med supps my first two years doing this. (I'm a part time agent, selling mostly in the winter months).

Hello Everyone...I wanted to introduce myself like any forum sites. But i can find the member introduction page.Please i need help.Thanks

I am please to meet you. Much thank you for join in premium knowledge forum in share amongst us.

My humble opinion.

Your "humble opinion" is the same as mine. I have always sold Med Supps one app at a time.

Like you, I have always been willing to go anywhere, any time of the day or night when someone wants to sign an app and write a check.

Most agents only look at the first year commission as the amount of money they made. Like you, I see a Med Supp sale as a steady stream of income for many years in the future.

I still have seniors as clients who I sold Med Supps to during my first year as an agent, 1993. For eighteen years of commission I will just about go anywhere. Wouldn't you?

I get the same commisison even when I help someone find the best priced plan via email.

And since I'm much younger (and better looking) than Frank, I only have clients on the books from about 1997.

Rick

Back