Suggestions?

Harrell99

I started working in insurance just a few months ago and as of right now I work for Asurea. My commissions are 70% to 80% depending on the carrier, $16 leads, my training was watching ten videos with each being ten minutes long, almost all my leads are uninterested or are fine with the insurance they have even after I tell them about all of their options with their cash value, and If I have any questions (usually it's about carrier selection) I'm told to text my up line and sometimes I don't get a response until after I'm done with my client and give them a rate from a carrier that I THINK will approve them.

Yesterday I received an email from someone who works at North American Senior Benefits. Him and his wife told me that I probably could get more leads for the same price I'm paying. Asurea only does direct mail leads and these people told me NASB also does Facebook ads, direct mail, TV ads, etc. I was told they like to do training via video call almost every day. They offered me to go on a ride along with them soon.

I'm here to read opinions about Asurea, NASB, or even other companies that could suit me better.

I honestly don't know if it is. I didn't mean to make my post seem like I was complaining because I'm not. I'm just trying to learn if any of the things I wrote from either company are normal and if one is better to go with.

I honestly don't know if it is. I didn't mean to make my post seem like I was complaining because I'm not. I'm just trying to learn if any of the things I wrote from either company are normal and if one is better to go with.
Idk maybe you'd have better luck doing your own mail drops I'm not sure man. The part I was saying rough to was all of the leads not being interested. Maybe look up some kind of presentation script?

I started working in insurance just a few months ago and as of right now I work for Asurea. My commissions are 70% to 80% depending on the carrier, $16 leads, my training was watching ten videos with each being ten minutes long, almost all my leads are uninterested or are fine with the insurance they have even after I tell them about all of their options with their cash value, and If I have any questions (usually it's about carrier selection) I'm told to text my up line and sometimes I don't get a response until after I'm done with my client and give them a rate from a carrier that I THINK will approve them.

Yesterday I received an email from someone who works at North American Senior Benefits. Him and his wife told me that I probably could get more leads for the same price I'm paying. Asurea only does direct mail leads and these people told me NASB also does Facebook ads, direct mail, TV ads, etc. I was told they like to do training via video call almost every day. They offered me to go on a ride along with them soon.

I'm here to read opinions about Asurea, NASB, or even other companies that could suit me better.

What part of NC are you in? I'm in Raleigh.

You are just getting into the business. Chalk up these experiences to "on the job training". Continue reading posts in the forum. When you have time, review previously written posts. I found posts going back to 2013 and later that have found to be priceless.

I don't know how long it will take, but it's not a matter of "if" you will ever leave Asurea, but "when". If Asurea is only paying you 70-80%, what else are you getting from them that's worth them keeping the extra 35-45% that they are not paying you? Were the 10 video trainings worth 35-45% of your commissions for the rest of your life? Is it that you only have to pay $16 per lead? Only you can answer that. Yet, something inside of you doesn't feel right. Otherwise, you wouldn't be asking. Trust your instincts. When you don't know what you don't know, you don't know what questions to ask or whether or not you're getting the short end of the stick.
1. It sounds to me like you may be buying old leads that have already been worked. Fresh, new DM leads cost closer to $30, than $16. If NASB will give you twice as many for the same price, don't be surprised if you find those leads to be worse than Asurea's.
2. Although you said the husband and wife can get twice as many leads from NASB, what I didn't hear you say is that they can get you significantly higher commissions. The problem with going on a ride-along with them is something called, "The Law of Reciprocity". Will you feel obligated to them and NASB, after they've been so kind in allowing you to ride-along and shadow them?

You didn't ask this but, I believe there is something just as important, if not more than, higher commissions. That something is running a business. I have yet to run across a post on this site that speaks to the importance of mastering this issue. Again, that's just my personal opinion. I've met numerous people, and even read about more, that have made hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Some were making millions. Yet, ended up with a negative net worth. I'm only sharing that with you because you are new in the business. Make no mistake about it. This is a business. If you are receiving training on how to run a profitable business, then 70-80% commission may be worth it to you. In the 28 years I've been in the financial services and insurance industry, I haven't known of a single company that does it.
With that said, I don't know anything about either company you mentioned above. Based on your post, however, I do know most agents on this forum wouldn't go anywhere near either of them.
Keep reading and keep asking questions. You should be able to discern whether the information you receive is genuine, or whether the responder has ulterior motives.
Welcome to the industry and good luck!

The sooner you leave and go to the IMO of your choice, the less you will have paid for the "training" they provided you. There are MANY folks on here who will be happy to work with you and pay you 100% + AP. Good Luck!!!

Do some quick math: $16 lead and 80% commission on a sale, or $30 lead and 100% to 120% on sale.

Average $60 dollar a month sale:

1st Scenario - $60 x 12 months x 80% = $576 - $16 lead cost = $560 commission

2nd Scenario - $60 x 12 months x 120% = $864 - $30 lead cost = $ 834 commission

$304 dollar difference on one sale.

If you make just 3 of those sales a week, you are spending $912 dollars a week on your training.

Has it been worth it?

Back