Suitability for Annuities plan

I'm getting to the point where I have a hard time thinking stuff like this through. I think this (as well as your link) supports what you are saying, apologies if it doesn't.

Can I Start Spousal Benefits and Claim My Own Social Security Later?

thank you--that is exactly what I was thinking. the client in this case example obviously/likely was not born before 1954 or she would already be collecting her own benefit. So, for the most part that strategy we used to share with spouses likely cant be done any longer after the 2015 infrastructure bill or whatever bill it was thrown into page 27,000

I don't know her age, but can she claim a spousal benefit until claiming on her own earning record?

She has to wait another year, but you raise an interesting point, that I may discuss with her. She could have applied for a survivor benefit, at age 60, or based on her health, she could have applied for DI years ago, and possibly received the survivor benefit much sooner.

If there were health questions for U65, I would have known to suggest this to her some time ago, I didn't find out, until we did her life insurance.

Back