Suprised nobody’s mentioned on 4/1 Oscar no longer paying new commission on aca . I think Molina too

BibH

Guru
100+ Post Club
Say a email from the company last week somebody posted . Said they were overwhelmed with business

I got some beach property in Alaska to sell you if you don’t believe Ambetter and the rest cut commissions next yr .Ambetter being the biggest will have serious adverse claims . I had so many people last yr calling me to enroll that had future procedures they needed .I’m getting the sense of a gold rush in mapd and aca as 10’s of thousands of agentshave come in the space in the last yr . I was enrolling someone today in a mapd plan and their phone with telemarketers rang 10 different times . The tv had 15 Joe commercials . It’s a frenzy

Add BRIGHT to the list:

ARPA, 2021 year round SEP, adverse selection, and staffing shortages are all to blame

---------------
Hello Broker & Agency Partners,

Bright HealthCare has seen extraordinary growth this year as we passed the One Million Member mark. We know our success is tied closely to the great relationships we have established within our Broker channel, and the trust you place in us with your clients.

In order to continue enhancing our service to new and existing Individual & Family Plan members, we have made the difficult decision to suspend growth during this SEP season. Bright HealthCare will discontinue commission payments on enrollments with an effective date of 4/1/2022 or later. This email serves as notice in accordance with your contract.

This notice does not impact policies with an effective date prior to 4/1/2022 and we will continue to pay commissions according to the fee schedules posted. An updated fee schedule is available here. This also does not apply to certain state-based markets, our Medicare Advantage, or Employer Plan lines of business.

We understand the impact this may have to you & your business, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are grateful for the opportunity you have helped us create and are turning our focus to our current member experience. There will however be some realignment of staff in certain markets that may change your daily point of contact.

Like I said wait till you see the commissions for 2023 . I bet Ambetters down to $15 . It’s been a gold rush the last 2 yrs .

Back