Surrending p&c license to go into claims

My state says that one cannot hold a P&C producer's license and an independent adjuster's license simultaneously. In order to obtain an adjuster's license, we must surrender the p&c producer license.

I thought that was a bit bizarre as my state allows concurrent licensing.

I looked it up.

NCGS 58-33-26 (p):

An individual shall not simultaneously hold a property, casualty, or personal lines insurance license and an adjuster's license in this State

Article_33.pdf (ncleg.gov)

There may be some work around this

Doesn't seem to be any exceptions.

I am going to inquire with my new employer to see if they really need me to have an adjuster's license in my state or not because if they don't, I may be able to get an adjuster's license outside my home state and keep my p&c producer's license.

You wouldn't be able to do any adjusting in your home state without your home state's license.

Is your employer a multi-state adjusting company?

Hope you have a thick skin. People will talk ugly to you about a claim. Some will even threaten to kill you. I wish you luck.

Okay so how do i get rid of these accounts? I only have a handful. Not sure if I can find a buyer so quickly. Need to surrender license soon for my new w2 position

how big is the P&C book that you want to sell?

I can float this past our member agencies and see if someone wants to buy a book.

North Carolina right? Drop me a DM if you want me to look around

Back