Suze Orman: 'You have to be crazy' to put your money in this investment

Perhaps Suze Orman should now interview people who own permanent life insurance, specifically whole life and indexed universal life, that were structured not only for its tax-free death benefit but also for potential tax-advantaged supplemental retirement income.

This time her message is prudent. Whether there is an agenda behind it, I suppose we will need to stay tuned.

Is this what the headline is referring to: "“Are they going to put it in a 10-year Treasury at 0.76%? The possibility of negative interest rates?” she said. “You have to be crazy, if you ask me, to be in bonds at this point in time.”" ?

Is this what the headline is referring to: "“Are they going to put it in a 10-year Treasury at 0.76%? The possibility of negative interest rates?” she said. “You have to be crazy, if you ask me, to be in bonds at this point in time.”" ?

No.

‘Do you really think that tax brackets aren’t going to have to go up five, 10, 15 years from now in order to pay for all the debt that we’re carrying’

‘Please, if you have the ability to do a Roth 401K, 403B, or a TSP, or a Roth IRA, those are the type of retirement accounts that you want to be in. Stay away from the traditional ones.’

With traditional IRAs or 401(k)s, savers get the tax break immediately upon the contribution, allowing their investments to grow tax-free, and then have to pay the taxes upon withdrawal. But there are better ways to save for retirement, considering the current climate, Orman explained.

“With a Roth, you pay taxes today, and in the long run, when you take it out, it’s tax-free,” she said. “Why? Do you really think that tax brackets aren’t going to have to go up five, 10, 15 years from now in order to pay for all the debt that we’re carrying? Of course they’re going to have to.”

Bottom line: Take advantage of “the lowest tax brackets” we’re likely to see for a long time.

She's a celebrity, not a financial guru. She even promoted her own credit card. Anything for a buck, much like DR.

Reactions: DHK
Back