Symmetry Financial Group

Hi, I've had my license since 2009 and I haven't put it in use yet. I finally choose to get into the Life Insurance business and start off part time. SFG has offered me a deal with 60% starting commission and I can move up from there. They also want to sell me A leads for $26 a lead and aged leads that have been sold one once for $5. I have read a lot about them on this forum but I just want to ask other people for their suggestion on it. I want to go with an IMO that has the right training and great leads ( I dont want to be forced to purchase a number of leads every week). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mike:

SFG is Final Exxpense and Mortgage Protection (from what I know). You should look at the area that you want to specialize in an look at other methods to generate leads. As a true independent you should be getting paid 90% - 110% commission and write for the company that best suits the client. You should work with a independent lead company or generate your own. SFG is using techniques for leads that anybody can use. They offer training and that may be of value to you but others will train you at street level and answer your questions if you contract through them. What type of leads are you looking to purchase? What training do you need? You should be able to get help here.

Mike:

SFG is Final Exxpense and Mortgage Protection (from what I know). You should look at the area that you want to specialize in an look at other methods to generate leads. As a true independent you should be getting paid 90% - 110% commission and write for the company that best suits the client. You should work with a independent lead company or generate your own. SFG is using techniques for leads that anybody can use. They offer training and that may be of value to you but others will train you at street level and answer your questions if you contract through them. What type of leads are you looking to purchase? What training do you need? You should be able to get help here.

MCLEANBR,

I really don't know where to buy good quality leads and what type of leads i should purchase. I need some sales skills because every different item you sell has a different type of technique to sell. What would you recommend on the leads that I should purchase and the training I should get? I'm asking every one on this forum because you guys have the experience and I want to brain pick and absorb information that could help me.

Don't know a damn thing about SFG...can't help you there. But I don't think it is possible to be successful at 60%. The math doesn't work. I broke it down in another thread at 70% commission: http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...et-yet-yet-another-new-fe-agent-t60210-2.html

There are a ton of IMO's on this board. I'm with Newby and Hoosierdaddy, great Friday agent call. I already had a license and didn't feel I needed the hand holding. Went in the field with a couple of agents, 1 from this board...Thanks Matt, and I'm off to the races.

As far as leads, your in Michigan, from what I gather has some of the highest Direct Mail Responses in the nation. Chris at Lead Connection will give you $28 leads...all day long. Then if you get 100-120% commission....a much better deal, imho! Oh yeah, there are also $20 tele leads...but you really need to understand Life Insurance for those I feel.

Good Luck

Don't know a damn thing about SFG...can't help you there. But I don't think it is possible to be successful at 60%. The math doesn't work. I broke it down in another thread at 70% commission: http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/final-expense-forum/yet-yet-yet-another-new-fe-agent-t60210-2.html There are a ton of IMO's on this board. I'm with Newby and Hoosierdaddy, great Friday agent call. I already had a license and didn't feel I needed the hand holding. Went in the field with a couple of agents, 1 from this board...Thanks Matt, and I'm off to the races. As far as leads, your in Michigan, from what I gather has some of the highest Direct Mail Responses in the nation. Chris at Lead Connection will give you $28 leads...all day long. Then if you get 100-120% commission....a much better deal, imho! Oh yeah, there are also $20 tele leads...but you really need to understand Life Insurance for those I feel. Good Luck

What's the closing ratio with the $28 lead ?

What's the closing ratio with the $28 lead ?

That's a loaded question...depends on you. I don't feel I need a specific "life insurance" lead to sell someone. From everything I've read here should be around 20 (way low) to 35% (pretty high). I personally don't care about closing percentages as I do about ROI. I'm a little under 5 times ROI for the generic lead from Lead Connections...it's the one he uses for the $28. He won't do the price per lead in my area.

Hi, I've had my license since 2009 and I haven't put it in use yet. I finally choose to get into the Life Insurance business and start off part time. SFG has offered me a deal with 60% starting commission and I can move up from there. They also want to sell me A leads for $26 a lead and aged leads that have been sold one once for $5. I have read a lot about them on this forum but I just want to ask other people for their suggestion on it. I want to go with an IMO that has the right training and great leads ( I dont want to be forced to purchase a number of leads every week). Does anyone have any suggestions?

This guy's drinking the SFG Kool-Aid.

Insurance Forum - View Profile: blackenedvoodoo

MCLEANBR,

I really don't know where to buy good quality leads and what type of leads i should purchase. I need some sales skills because every different item you sell has a different type of technique to sell. What would you recommend on the leads that I should purchase and the training I should get? I'm asking every one on this forum because you guys have the experience and I want to brain pick and absorb information that could help me.

Mike:

I am not a lead buyer myself. I prefer to generate leads through my efforts in certain markets. Most lead companies are doing the same thing. Symetry Financial Group is doing what I do but take 40% of your earnings or more. Look for a Final Expense group that teaches you training and marketing. If you want to do Mortgage Protection then I might be able to help. My process is evolving all the time and I am far from an expert. PM me if you want to talk.
Bruce

Back