Tablet Suggestions Anybody

Ive been thinking of getting this too. I have an old Thinkpad and its still working perfectly. Ive been eyeing a convertible instead of a tablet. They are not a laptop nor a tablet more like a hybrid. And since the i5 processors and advanced battery material were made, convertibles had become thinner without sacrificing performance.

Now is Dell better than Lenovo?

I tried out the Dell convertible and was not a big fan of it. It was thin and light and fast, which are all positives. But when you flip it backwards into tablet mode the keyboard is on the bottom so that makes it very awkward. It is just weird holding it in tablet mode and the whole time keys are being pressed down by your hand and fingers. Obviously the keyboard does not function so it doesnt affect the function of it. But I was worried about the long term durability of the keyboard if you had it in tablet mode often. And if you set it down, then you are setting the whole thing down on top of the keyboard... which could cause durability issues if the surface was uneven or even worse if something spilled or the surface was wet. It was a solidly built machine, but I just could not get over the worry that I would have to replace that keyboard within a year or two.

Check out the Asus T100/T200/T300. It comes with a keyboard docking station that the tablet physically mounts to. So it is no different than a laptop when docked, but it can be undocked and is a true tablet.
I picked up the T100 super cheap from a friend. After a few weeks of using it I plan to upgrade to the T300 very soon.

Amazon.com : ASUS Transformer Book Chi T300CHI-DSM2T-CA Touchscreen Laptop/Tablet (12.5-inch WQHD, Core M-5Y10, 8GB LPDDR3, 128GB SSD, Windows 8.1, Dark Blue) : Computers & Accessories

51BCnfuwcgL._SY355_.jpg

Ugh! Got the Dell, it has Windows 10, guess what? None of the current carrier enrollment programs are compatible with 10!! $700 and useless for this years AEP. Online app processes are fine, but downloading things like Humana's MAPA or UHC's LEAN are not an option. Won't work.

Ugh! Got the Dell, it has Windows 10, guess what? None of the current carrier enrollment programs are compatible with 10!! $700 and useless for this years AEP. Online app processes are fine, but downloading things like Humana's MAPA or UHC's LEAN are not an option. Won't work.

Seems like I read that you can go back to 8. That may be if you upgraded from 8 though. Worth a look.

I tried out the Dell convertible and was not a big fan of it. It was thin and light and fast, which are all positives. But when you flip it backwards into tablet mode the keyboard is on the bottom so that makes it very awkward. It is just weird holding it in tablet mode and the whole time keys are being pressed down by your hand and fingers. Obviously the keyboard does not function so it doesnt affect the function of it. But I was worried about the long term durability of the keyboard if you had it in tablet mode often. And if you set it down, then you are setting the whole thing down on top of the keyboard... which could cause durability issues if the surface was uneven or even worse if something spilled or the surface was wet. It was a solidly built machine, but I just could not get over the worry that I would have to replace that keyboard within a year or two.

Check out the Asus T100/T200/T300. It comes with a keyboard docking station that the tablet physically mounts to. So it is no different than a laptop when docked, but it can be undocked and is a true tablet.
I picked up the T100 super cheap from a friend. After a few weeks of using it I plan to upgrade to the T300 very soon.

Thanks for recommending this. Loving the spec. 8gb of ram, its thin and SSD. Im sure this is really fast when upgraded to Windows 10. Perfect!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back