Take Me Off Your List

If you call a lead and they don’t remember filling out the info request and say “take me off your list” obviously that means not to call them anymore but does that mean you can’t knock on their door either?

Sure, knock on their door anyhow. What's the worst that can happen?

600px-Leon-Beretta92FSComp-2.jpg

Why would you want to harrass someone who does not want to talk to you?

I worked with a guy years ago that would go Rambo if someone asked him to leave, stop calling, etc.

His attitude was "That makes me more determined to hound him until he buys"

Just a wag, but I don't think he passed the Dale Carnegie course.

Depends on your definition of harassment

I only call leads about 6 times then I door knock. And I don’t knock more than 3 times. I never waste time chasing and definitely don’t harass anyone.

My line of thinking is that they forgot the form the filled out and since I can’t show it to them by phone (unless they ask me to FaceTime them or text it to them) I figure it wouldn’t hurt to knock on their door showing them the lead form.

Now if it’s an Incomplete call in lead I would just leave those alone because most of those don’t fill in their data (like height weight - only stuff they’d know) nor do they have their handwriting and it’s hard to jog their memory on those

*im still working with aged leads at current

I just wasn’t clear if “take me off your list” meant don’t call vs. don’t contact at all

But thanks to y’all for clarifying

Last edited:
If I told you to "take me off your list" and you knocked on the door, I'd sic my pit bull on you.

That’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Someone knocking on your door for info you requested doesn’t warrant assault

Plus that pit bull will get a shot of pepper spray and/or a pen gouged in its eye

/\/\/\/\

What that old guy said.

Old?

I preferred aged, like fine wine.

If you are afraid to walk away from a prospect you will miss a lot of sales. At one time I was timid. Afraid of losing them.

Someone wiser than me said "You probably never had them on the line any way".

I closed her file a few months ago, then she came back. Sent her an updated quote and never said a word. Just about ready to flush her again when she came back, wanting to know why I didn't like that particular carrier. Told her to call them up and buy direct but don't come back in a couple of years when the rates are high.

Which carriers DO you like?

Told her and said any of them would work.

What would the rate be with his medication (warfarin)?

Add 15% to two of the rates, the other MIGHT be standard. Threw in another carrier with a good rate but would decline the husband.

Need to show her I am working for her, not the carrier.

Went back and forth by email, then I called her to finalize everything. They are in Bruswick, I am in Atlanta. Not going to drive there for 2 apps. Told her what I needed. Submitted the apps.

Last edited:
Incomplete call in lead I would just leave those alone because most of those don’t fill in their data (like height weight - only stuff they’d know) nor do they have their handwriting and it’s hard to jog their memory on those

Those are the best leads.

Sorry if I mispronounce your name. Card got smeared and having trouble reading it.

Do the same with folks who call in but don't give complete information. Or tell me why they are calling. If it's just a name and number, I don't call. Sometimes when I call back I get voice mail. Gives me a chance to chum the water and see if they are interested or not.

Anything to engage them. When they call again I know I probably have a live one

If you can't get them talking you won't make the sale.

I am not afraid to ask how long have they been looking and why haven't they bought. Those folks will tell you exactly what they need.

If you have it you get the sale.

They don't want a sales pitch. They want someone to help them.

Back