Taking "Bets" On The True Number Of Actual "Enrollees" In Obama Care

Supposed to be applications on layaway. No one has paid a premium yet so it is just window shopping.

Fwiw, my #1 on exchange carrier drafted when the policy was issued (generally 4-5 biz days after HIX submission), if EFT was setup on submission. I successfully setup EFT on maybe 70% of those enrollees, all I have called on to confirm have been drafted. Most of the remaining 30% have payed via phone, as they called or emailed me 1st as they had not received their invoice as of last week.

The layaway folks are those who don't have insurance now, expected it to be free and are shocked they have to pay $40 a month for a family plan.

My folks want to pay the premium but blue is all jacked up here they can't pay online and/or set up a bank draft.....unreal. They can pay cash in person at cvs or wally however.

Welcome to the Showwwww

Didn't our sister colored company there in Texas set up special phone numbers for purchasers who don't want to pay for postage? IL Blue has one line for people who want to pay by electronic check and another phone number for those who want to use a debit or credit card.

The TRUE number of private plan enrollments won't be known until after the 30 day grace period has passed and the unpaid 1/1/2014 applications are purged from the systems. I hope insurers divulge this number to the public and don't just pass it along to HHS for them to report it.

Also, from what I'm hearing all of the Medicaid referrals to the states from the FFM Exchanges will not be accomplished for a long time because of technical challenges and because the billions of dollars that are to accompany these referrals has not been placed in the package. The personal info of those sentenced to Medicaid and $$$ was supposed to be sent as a single package from Uncle Sam to the States.

I'm curious what 2013 vs. 2014 total Medicaid enrollment, and total private insurance enrollment (both raw numbers, or "bellybuttons insured", and as a percentage of total population) actually is.

These two numbers will give the only indication of actual growth or decline within the marketplace. It doesn't matter if 9 Million go to the exchange if 20 Million less people have insurance. Same goes for 2 Million people going to the exchange, but 20 Million total gaining coverage.

WHERE it is purchased is much less important than HOW MANY purchased. The total market growth or decline is where the rubber meets the road, not how many people they can funnel through that !@#!@$ website.

Back