Taking My P&C Exam This Friday!

Good Luck... I'm sure you will do great!!!!!

If you have studied you will do fine. I think most get stressed out. Don't stress out.. relax!

Also.... go with your first answer.. I think most people fail because they go back (when they have time to look over all the questions) and change answers! Don't do that!!!

To be honest.... I took my classes required in LA. I read half of the Exam Cram book (did NOT use the disk that come with the book) and passed the first time (88 score!)

Go in knowing you will pass..... you will be fine :-)

I was told not to flag answers, to come back to later, because the computer that does the testing will throw some more questions from the same catagory at you.

Or maybe flag some that are in a catagory that you really know and you will get more questions from that catagory.

The course that I took assured us that he tests were taken on "smart computers" and that they can sense your weakness like that.

Their job is NOT to pass you on the first attempt. Their job is to trick you up and to make you take the test again and again. It is revenue generating for the department of insurance if people keep taking it over and over.

And take a live cram course the day or two before the test. I know for a fact that 8 questions were on the test that were identical to the ones we had gone over in the cram course. Pretty sure those 8 put me over the top.

Surfy

Their job is NOT to pass you on the first attempt. Their job is to trick you up and to make you take the test again and again. It is revenue generating for the department of insurance if people keep taking it over and over.
Wow do we hear this a lot! Just know that if you do go in and take your exam and miss it by a couple of points you could probably go right back in, get a new mix of questions, and pass it.

Some other general thoughts to contribute:

As it was mentioned before, Test World is completely different from Real World. It's much easier to tutor someone new to the industry than someone who has had their Life & Health license and decides to pick up a Property & Casualty license. Many of the topics, especially on the national portion of the exam, have to be taught from older material because the exam hasn't been updated. We often have people who have been in the industry for many years go in and take an exam and report back to us that none of the answers for a question were correct and therefore they probably got it wrong. The point I'm trying to make, listen to your education provider and not real world insurance experience. From prior student feedback your education provider probably has a good idea of what's currently being tested on.

IMHO half of really learning the material for test world is taking similar questions that get you prepped for how the information is going to be presented. Take as many review questions as you can for each topic, especially state specific-questions. One of our recent students swears by reading the first and last sentence of the question first, then the whole question before looking at the answers.

Unfortunately most of our students feel like the exam questions were presented in a way that would try to trick them instead of actually testing on subject knowledge. So read the question carefully before answering!

I failed the 220 because I relied on Auto and home insurance experience instead of studying for everything. I didn't go through the book, just attended a seminar and headed to the test. BIG MISTAKE!

I then after failing, did go through the book twice and passed my exam. Seminars help you understand some stuff, experience may make it difficult to choose the right answers, but the book is the place to look for the knowledge. Any future test takers remember that the book is where all the questions come from. Read it before going to seminars.

Back