Talk to me about Supp commissions in NC

Hi Guys,

My boss's parents and the majority of her family are moving to NC. We are trying to decide if it would be beneficial to get me a non-resident license. I was looking at their Med Supp premiums and compared to Maine they are insanely cheap so it makes me wonder what the commissions look like.
-
In Maine
Anthem Plan F Premium $237.12 and we get paid $18.75

How does it compare?

Hi Guys,

My boss's parents and the majority of her family are moving to NC. We are trying to decide if it would be beneficial to get me a non-resident license. I was looking at their Med Supp premiums and compared to Maine they are insanely cheap so it makes me wonder what the commissions look like.
-
In Maine
Anthem Plan F Premium $237.12 and we get paid $18.75

How does it compare?

Wow, less than 10%! I don’t sell in NC but I’d have to guess it’s 20-25% to make up for the lower premiums.

I never heard of 10% on med sup . I’m 2% above street on anthem and at 30% on Aflac ( since I got way above street on fe it bumped my med sup part up ) . Street on most sups is 20-22%

An NR license will set you back around $100 for L&H. But what's really cool is that they have a new line of authority for Medicare/LTC for an extra $50. One of a few states that separate MS from health.

I never heard of 10% on med sup . I’m 2% above street on anthem and at 30% on Aflac ( since I got way above street on fe it bumped my med sup part up ) . Street on most sups is 20-22%

I doubt it’s 10%. It’s probably a flat fee of $225. uhc used to pay $225 flat fee in FL. Thankfully it’s $450 now.

I doubt it’s 10%. It’s probably a flat fee of $225. uhc used to pay $225 flat fee in FL. Thankfully it’s $450 now.
Could very well be.

I remember reading a commission schedule that included all the states. The kind the companies send you when you contract with them. I remember a northern state at 10 or 12 but can't remember which state. Could have been Maine.

Wow, less than 10%! I don’t sell in NC but I’d have to guess it’s 20-25% to make up for the lower premiums.

ME has interesting GI rules and Anthem has chosen not to ask health questions at all. I think that is why their commissions are not the greatest. They do give us a production bonus on N & G 3-4 a month gets you $100 per sale and 5+ gets you $225 per sale. The bonuses were better in my first year (2021) $150, $250, and $300 if I remember correctly.

I do a lot better with our other carriers like Cigna which gives 19% for non-GI but GI with them is a measly 3%.

Ok this explains it . Many states give $25 flat for Gi med sup . Nobody’s selling a regular sup for 10% commission.

Back