Tele Survey Scripts

Out of curiosity, why a survey instead of being direct?

No licensed people doing the calling and survey/gathering info.
I pay them for each survey that leads to a completed app.

The surveys I have are geared more for consumer calling than business.

Looking at options as I SUCK at cold calling. I am fine once in front of the person when there is expressed interest.

In most states (perhaps GA an exception), you can just go straight for it without a license.

Paying them for each survey that leads to a completed app is so close to a commission split it might actually have crossed the line.

Out of curiosity, why a survey instead of being direct?

IMO, it seems easier to get a person to 'help out' answering a few survey questions...even when a less skilled person is conducting them.

I can have a 'low-paid' individual conduct 50 surveys to bring back say 10-12 folks worth speaking to, whereas the effort of just conducting the darn survey may be more energy than one wants to burn.

To me it's like CC in general:
Either you don't mind 'spending' the energy/effort on pounding the phone/pavement or you just don't have it in you and you prefer to 'buy' someone else's energy.

I can honestly say I like surveys because:
a) I don't have to be involved in the hand to hand combat
b) It's ok to have a less talented person do the work because
c) Prospects aren't as guarded w/ surveys vs a more 'direct' approach
(Which may require either YOU be directly involved or a higher quality = more expensive body)

Bottom line IMHO surveys can be a cheap, less taxing, less intrusive way to search the haystack.

Survey or not, you're looking for a lead. Don't you think you should be honest with people upfront about what you're looking to do? Maybe it's just that I'm from NY, but I think it's shifty to do a survey and then try to sell me something.

I think the survey route is going to be a good one regarding the utter confusion regarding the future of healthcare. Calling businesses and conducting a short survey can load your pipeline for what's to come. The last question can be something along the lines of: Would you like a call back once health reform rules are set? Who would say no to that? Everyone is clueless about what's to come.

I agree with Josh and Gilmore but take it a step further since I get this crap all the time.

YOU ARE BEING DISHONEST and admitting it right here. STOP IT.

You are presenting a convoluted survey under pretense to garner an insurance lead. You are not just breaking the ninth commandment ("thou shalt not bear false witness ie LIE), you are stomping up and down on it and grinding it into a powder. Whether you realize it or not. However, the law (commandments) CANNOT be broken; what happens is, we break OURSELVES upon the commandments by disobedience, whether willful or ommissive.

Do it right, like has been advised. If you have to sneak it into them, something is wrong - with you.

Besides, like Josh or Gilmore said, they are already onto you. When these pansies call me I IMMEDIATELY butt in on them and ask them who they are pitching for. And they tell me. And it's no survey, or cruise, or whatever.

U B barkin' up the wrong tree. So PLEASE change your methods and be honest, or leave the industry, we have a hard enough time battling the bad PR we get from all the dam* crooks in this business.

The bright side is that if I come across one of your "clients" that you did this to, they'll end up being mine. :1cool:

So, do folks right, from the start. Or go get a job. Oops, none of those, so check wit ma main man 'bama, he'll take goooood care o' you. For a little while. He'll teach you things that will make your stuff look like child's play.

WE DON'T NEED NONE OF THAT CRAP IN THIS COUNTRY.

But alas, I know I speak in vain.

G'day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.....the negativity is way overboard regarding 'information gathering' and the soap boxes are rather HIGH, folks.

1) Until AFTER some information has been gathered one doesn't even know if the person being spoken to is a prospect to begin with.

2) And, I know I'll lose many of you here...If you 'choir boys' want to use the 'Jesus standard' of 100% complete honesty in the 'process of selling' and lead generation you'd NEVER get any, period.

If you 'buy' leads....
Do you call them and say 'ma'am/sir I just BOUGHT your name from a vendor....along with 100's of other ppl I don't know and I'm just cold calling to see if I can sell you a product.....
so I can feed my kids and pay my mortgage?'....if you don't say it EXACTLY like that aren't you too are breaking the SAME commandment?

Unless, ALL your clients call you and basically 'beg' you to write business there is some 'leading' of clients, period.

All your communications with clients should tell the TRUTH (that you do this for a LIVING) not as a charity....this is a business and you approach prospects the way they RESPOND.

If folks are willing to do surveys (that also help you realize what ppl think, how they feel and what they need) a 'thinking' businessperson follows that lead.

If folks like getting dumb disingenuous birthday cards, we send them...but you and I know that those birthday wishes are LIES cause we really could careless about EVERYBODY'S birthday.

I suppose, you don't LIE and wish folks"Happy B-day and How's the wife?" I'm sure you tell the TRUTH which is screw your birthday "Let me tell you about 'this product'....(granted a product that might help you and your family but if I don't disingenuously engage in this dumb small talk..... it's considered rude and a business killer for me or YOU not to engage in this LIE of a conversation...we both know it's true)

Not that I don't enjoy, my clients and many times get a kick out of some non clients but the TRUTH of the matter is......

If ALL our approaches were just 100% direct and "bottom lined" without the 'sugar-coating' not much would get sold in America....and that's the gospel, TRUTH....whether you like it or not that's a fact.

The next time you walk into a car dealer or mall store and say "I'm just looking" according to your standard those salespeople should just go on 'break' and WAIT till the customer tells them it's time to start selling.

You, guys kill me with this honesty crap.....
Every ad on TV/radio is lie by your standard unless it just opens with "c'mon down to Bert's and buy something....Thank you, Good night".....

When the church entices folks to come to 'singles night' or 'Men's night' where the ultimate 'goal' is to ease folks into joining the church aren't they breaking the 9th because they weren't upfront about the ultimate goal?

(Bet you didn't like that one but I've worked with churches to 'bring folk in' and the concept is THE SAME.... ease 'em to Jesus even if they don't EXPRESSLY agree to it upfront (sounds like a survey to me, boss)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
At this point in time, haven't most people figured out the survey sales approach?

Yep, and folks have also figured out that those beer ads aren't made just to make us laugh.

When you call a business they aren't asking for your number 'just in case you get disconnected' but most ppl STILL give a valid #....
Isn't it silly NOT to ask if your in BUSINESS?

If folks are willing to 'accept' certain marketing approaches better than others AND you are in the business of MARKETING why wouldn't one use methods that ppl have 'figured out' BUT are still ok with?

Just like all those ads on Super Bowl Sunday....either follow the flow and get your fair share or TRY something new, if you can afford it? (I can't, i'll stick with what ppl seem to be ok..doing right now)

Last edited:
Back