Term With Living Benefits

Are you saying that an extra $5 a month isnt worth it for the living benefits??

Sorry I guess my wording was confusing. I'm saying the opposite in fact. For an extra $5 or so it is worth it to me. If sold properly, I think a prospect would find value in it as well. It's a no brainer.

I am working on three replacements because I'm offering living benefits. Three different people with plain term who see value in living benefits. I'm just curious as to what I can offer besides what I have and where I can get better compensation.

AGLA has a term and UL policy with living benefits. Thing is, you have to be contracted thru an agency. This product, thru them, has been around a few years. I believe, the term product, came out within the past year or so. It is nice to know you don't have to die to use your life insurance.

AGLA has a term and UL policy with living benefits. Thing is, you have to be contracted thru an agency. This product, thru them, has been around a few years. I believe, the term product, came out within the past year or so. It is nice to know you don't have to die to use your life insurance.

Thought that was the whole point of life insurance? You die, we pay.

You are missing the whole point. :twitchy:

Just curious, you raid your life policy for all these living benefits. What money is left to replace your income for your spouse or put little Johnny through college?

You know, the reason you bought life insurance in the first place.

Just curious, you raid your life policy for all these living benefits. What money is left to replace your income for your spouse or put little Johnny through college?

I like choices. I might divorce my spouse or she might kick me to the curb. Little Johnny might grow up to be a deadbeat or one of these kids who wants nothing to do with his parent/s. Life throws curve balls at you.

Maybe you get diagnosed as only having a couple of months to live. Perhaps you want to spend some time with your family or take a trip before you go. These benefits just might give you those options. Doesn't mean one has to spend all the life insurance.

A policy like this gives you options and choices when the unexpected occurs IMO.

However in your perfect world you paint, where there is no divorce and Johnny goes to college and everything else is rosy, you are right. I just have my rose colored glasses off.

Last edited:

The idea is that IF you have a stroke, heart attack, or cancer you have options. If you only have a term policy and with 5 years left in the policy you have a major stroke, but the doctors do their job and keep you alive, but can not work, don't you think you would like to have had the option?

With today's medicine, it is not uncommon that we can survive some awful life events and are able to live for many years, but unable to work and provide an income.

Options.

I like choices. I might divorce my spouse or she might kick me to the curb. Little Johnny might grow up to be a deadbeat or one of these kids who wants nothing to do with his parent/s. Life throws curve balls at you.

Maybe you get diagnosed as only having a couple of months to live. Perhaps you want to spend some time with your family or take a trip before you go. These benefits just might give you those options. Doesn't mean one has to spend all the life insurance.

A policy like this gives you options and choices when the unexpected occurs IMO.

However in your perfect world you paint, where there is no divorce and Johnny goes to college and everything else is rosy, you are right. I just have my rose colored glasses off.

That's why they make beneficiary change forms.

The idea is that IF you have a stroke, heart attack, or cancer you have options. If you only have a term policy and with 5 years left in the policy you have a major stroke, but the doctors do their job and keep you alive, but can not work, don't you think you would like to have had the option?

With today's medicine, it is not uncommon that we can survive some awful life events and are able to live for many years, but unable to work and provide an income.

Options.

You mean, something like DI?

You mean, something like DI?

So could you get me that much disability for an extra $10 a month?

What if I have no proof of income?

Can I have both the term with living benefits and DI if I want?

See I like choices Mr. Vol Agent.

I suppose if I want to get my teeth fixed with some of the money or I become unemployed, next you will tell me that is what dental is for along with unemployment insurance. Geez, you must sell a half dozen policies in one sitting.

Last edited:
Sorry I guess my wording was confusing. I'm saying the opposite in fact. For an extra $5 or so it is worth it to me. If sold properly, I think a prospect would find value in it as well. It's a no brainer.

I am working on three replacements because I'm offering living benefits. Three different people with plain term who see value in living benefits. I'm just curious as to what I can offer besides what I have and where I can get better compensation.

I have looked at the Western Reserve product about a year ago around the time I was considering Brokers Alliance.
They pushed the Western product very hard at that time.
But the nagging question in my mind would be how diffcult would it be to collect on some of the living benefits?

Shooter

Back