Testeachers Colorado/Life

Arookaria

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'll share my experience studying for my life license in Colorado. I haven't taken the state exam yet but I will update after I do.
I initially bought some flash cards and a study sheet from Kaplan which I found useful for learning new terminology. (I'm completely new to the insurance industry)
There were several courses to choose from here in Colorado but I wanted one that had a brick and mortar presence and offered classroom lectures. The great thing about Testeachers Colorado is if you sign up for the classroom lecture you can attend it as many times as you want to in a 6 month period and the life lectures are offered at least once a week.
So the package I chose came with online lectures, an 8 hour classroom lecture with test that you must pass at the end (not everyone did) a DVD that goes over annuities, two books that are used during the classroom lecture and include practice exams for each chapter, an audio CD that's just a list of facts to listen to in the car, and my favorite; an exam simulation cd-rom that has 645 questions with answers and explanations and also a program that creates flash cards and keeps track of those you got right and those you missed.
I'm feeling prepared for the state exam. I would recommend this course to anyone based on what I know now (I haven't yet taken state exam). I feel with the classroom lecture and the exam simulation cd-rom that you can't go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Update:

I passed my exam yesterday on my first try. Wow the exam was A LOT harder than I expected so I'm glad I studied for so long. (About a month)
I am VERY happy with my experience with testeachers Colorado. I took the live lecture twice at their location off of hampden and wadsworth. That helped a lot. All the practice tests and the practice cd rom were life savers too they really helped me focus and monitor my progress. I highly recommend this school for life insurance prelicensing.

Sent from my IPhone

Back