The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

Thanks mom, I knew the penalty was still in, but thought they were still enforcing. Why would any party in D.C. throw the tax dollars out the window?

Because logic and politics are a contradiction in terms? ;)

Its in the first Executive Order, directing the IRS not to enforce the order.

But only an act of Congress can change the tax code.

Which leads us to an answer of "We don't know, but the law of the land imposes a penalty"

As I understand, the penalty was only enforced if you were due a refund. I have never read of the IRS sending people to your door to collect for not paying your shared responsibility.

As I understand, the penalty was only enforced if you were due a refund. I have never read of the IRS sending people to your door to collect for not paying your shared responsibility.

Hmmm....I don't think so. The penalty got tacked on if you owe, too. (Or said the clients who got hit with the 2.5% tacked onto a pretty decent tax bill).

The tax may show it being due, but if not paid, can only be collected via tax refunds.

These are the same people who click the box funding "I paid to little in taxes" fund.

Hmmm....I don't think so. The penalty got tacked on if you owe, too. (Or said the clients who got hit with the 2.5% tacked onto a pretty decent tax bill).

You are correct.....got a call yesterday from a client asking why he had to pay the difference....and did my son's tax's yesterday and we got $92 added to his refund do to miscalculating his income......

Granted, the only current enforcement tool is deducting from refund. However, the debt follows you with interest. If never paid to be collected at death as an IRS official advised me.

Back