The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

1095b not required to send in with taxes to irs. They already get a copy if it exists

It sure is if IRS sends a letter requesting it and as of today have 8 clients that their return is held up because they requested it. Not all insurance companies are Johnny of the spot sending these out.

It sure is if IRS sends a letter requesting it and as of today have 8 clients that their return is held up because they requested it. Not all insurance companies are Johnny of the spot sending these out.

Never had this request from any client. I'll bet a donut that FL Blue did not send a copy to the IRS, or left of a dependent, or SSN didn't match. Wouldn't surprise me given the system problems they had this year.

https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care...health-care-information-forms-for-individuals

Must I wait to file until I receive these forms?

If you are expecting to receive a Form 1095-A, you should wait to file your 2016 income tax return until you receive that form. However, it is not necessary to wait for Forms 1095-B or 1095-C in order to file.

Some taxpayers may not receive a Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C by the time they are ready to file their 2016 tax return. While the information on these forms may assist in preparing a return, they are not required. Individual taxpayers should not wait for these forms and file their returns as they normally would.

Like last year, taxpayers can prepare and file their returns using other information about their health insurance. You should not attach any of these forms to your tax return.

Can anyone predict where it is going? Politicians know inaction is not an option with the present state of Obamacare, still they are on the sideline. I am sure some of the guys in this forum has seen enough, and can predict it. Let's try to see the last page of this mystery novel called ACA.

New ObamaCare repeal bill on life support | TheHill

My 2 cents prediction: Medicaid expansion stays & expands to include people with pre-existing conditions and rest of the ACA gets repealed. Providers are forced to publish prices for non-urgent procedures. Underwritten health business is back making agents 'great again'.

Cheers!

Monti

Health insurance leads

Last edited:
So, I hear CSR's are not part of the spending bill.

Oh, and Molina is sucking wind too:
------------
Molina Healthcare on Tuesday ousted outspoken CEO Dr. J. Mario Molina and CFO John Molina after the company's recent "disappointing financial performance."

The Long Beach, Calif.-based insurer's shares spiked by as much as 16% in the wake of the announcement.

Joseph White, Molina's chief accounting officer, will take over as interim president and CEO while the company searches for permanent replacements.

White will also take over permanently as chief financial officer. The changes are effective immediately.

Both Molina brothers, whose father founded the Medicaid managed-care company, will continue to serve as directors on the company board, according to the announcement.

"The board has determined to change leadership in order to drive profitability through operational improvements," Molina Chairman Dale B. Wolf said in the announcement. Wolf, currently a director on the board, was named non-executive chairman of the board Tuesday.

Molina recorded a loss in the fourth quarter of 2016 of $47 million, compared with a profit of $30 million during the same period in 2015. The company's 2016 profit totaled $52 million, down from $143 million in 2015.

The company blamed the Affordable Care Act for the big drop in profit when it announced its fourth-quarter financial results in February. Namely, Molina said it had to pay about $325 million into the ACA's risk-adjustment program, which requires plans with healthier enrollees to funnel money to insurers with seemingly sicker enrollees.

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/art...0502-NEWS-170509975&utm_campaign=financedaily

----------

OH.....and this Aetna nugget (and maybe include Coventry?):

Aetna expects to reduce participation in the individual market further in 2018, Bertolini said.

The drop was due mainly to individual commercial health coverage enrollment falling to 255,000, from 964,000 at the end of 2016.

Humana Breakup, Penn Treaty Charge Hit Aetna Earnings

Back