The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

That's the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Having prices would be helpful. Much of it is useless. Strange how I can buy weapons, bombs, cars, houses, illegal drugs just about anything except healthcare and get a firm price. Try to buy a hip and no one can tell me what it will cost installed and out the door.

Well junkie, if you want price transparency AND insurance, consider this.

Are you willing to file claims manually after you have paid your bill?

How would you feel if the carrier denies the claim you paid?

What happens when you discover you paid more than the negotiated price would have been?

Are you comfortable with knowing that this type of arrangement, self pay + insurance, has no real OOP limit?

What happens when you discover you paid more than the negotiated price would have been?

Are you comfortable with knowing that this type of arrangement, self pay + insurance, has no real OOP limit?

Don't get your panties in a wad. Just saying everything else in the country has a price. How come healthcare doesn't? Obviously because insurance pays and no-one cares about price.

Our little Repubs keep spouting "market forces" while doing nothing to bring that about and lying about the effects of their proposal.

Having many on HDHP at least opens some charges up to negotiations. Of course 90% people have claims under $5,000.

Let's see...underwrite, decline, institute pre-ex, get blamed for causing people to lose coverage.

Do nothing, get blamed for skyrocketing premiums.

Barry got all those people insured. What will the Repubs do? Probably only try to avoid being blamed.

Repeating the question for clarity. Go ahead, take a stab at answering.

AC, Obamacare isn't imploding. It's already dead. Politicians just aren't ready to admit a complete failure.

Truth is, it was DOA right out of the gate. Frankly I am surprised it made it this long.

everything else in the country has a price. How come healthcare doesn't?

Let me get you started and see if you can take it from here.

Everything else . . . is paid for by the consumer. How is that different from medical claims?

underwrite, decline, institute pre-ex, get blamed for causing people to lose coverage.

OK, so you didn't like things before when there was underwriting.

You don't like Obamacare, at least one presumes that since you don't own an Obamacare plan. Wise one, what DO you like?

Last edited:

AC, Obamacare isn't imploding. It's already dead. Politicians just aren't ready to admit a complete failure.

Truth is, it was DOA right out of the gate. Frankly I am surprised it made it this long.

Let me get you started and see if you can take it from here.

Everything else . . . is paid for by the consumer. How is that different from medical claims?

OK, so you didn't like things before when there was underwriting.

You don't like Obamacare, at least one presumes that since you don't own an Obamacare plan. Wise one, what DO you like?

Panties are still wadded aren't they? But since you asked:

Everyone that earns income over $x and doesn't have employer group coverage automatically has the ACA replacement. People with money are on HSA compliant HDHPs. HSA limits stay where they are with increases as per current law. People with lower incomes have copays to keep them out of the ER. Also, set up more clinics to handle the little stuff - again, to keep people out of the ER.

Pay for it With a payroll tax similar to Medicare. Now, how you gonna pay for Bush's wars & TinyHand's growing war machine and AirForce 1's flight expenses down to promote his golf course?

So difficult for you to admit you have no clue about how to address my questions.

Next!!

OK...I'll be next. Thanks Somarco!

We can say R.I.P. to the SHOP marketplace..

Trump cancels small-business enrollment on HealthCare.gov - Washington Times

For those of you who will be distraught over losing the Small Business Health Options Program, here's some good news... The tax-credits will also be available for off-exchange small business enrollments, starting 1.1.2018.

SHOP Tax Credits Available Off-Exchange: https://morningconsult.com/2017/05/15/cms-let-small-businesses-bypass-obamacare-marketplace/

Of course, if ObamaCare is repealed/replaced by the Senate, it's likely that everything said in this post will be moot anyways.

For those of you who will be distraught over losing the Small Business Health Options Program, here's some good news... The tax-credits will also be available for off-exchange small business enrollments, starting 1.1.2018.

SHOP Tax Credits Available Off-Exchange: https://morningconsult.com/2017/05/15/cms-let-small-businesses-bypass-obamacare-marketplace/

Of course, if ObamaCare is repealed/replaced by the Senate, it's likely that everything said in this post will be moot anyways.

I'm devastated. Just devastated. ;)

This is just as bad as "we'll read it later".

Significant Quote from article: "the administration has yet to propose a rule to enact the plan."

Back