The Future of Insurance Agents?

I think the % of personal lines insurance sold via the web will increase as time passes. Last year, 52% of people shopping for auto insurance started online, 32% of all shoppers ONLY get quotes online.

I see online portals only getting easier for the consumer. I don't think this is good for the consumer for reasons previously stated in this thread, but an increasing % of shoppers will buy auto and home insurance online in the future.

I've been in the business for 3 years and see a difference in how the young and more mature view insurance agents. This is a generaqlization but the young view insurance agents as people who are there to take their hard earned money while more mature folks see insurance agents as a professional worth a relationship with - who also happen to take their money.

There will always be a place for someone who will be able to sell the value of their services.

Commercial insurance is a completely different story. Somebody is always going to have to physically underwrite that unless it's a tiny mainstreet account.

Back