The Secret to Selling Medicare Supplements

DM depends on the piece you send, I find sometimes the DM piece that produces the most leads is the hardest to close.& the DM Piece that is easiest to close produces the least leads, I guess the trick is finding the happy medium

DM depends on the piece you send, I find sometimes the DM piece that produces the most leads is the hardest to close.& the DM Piece that is easiest to close produces the least leads, I guess the trick is finding the happy medium

I always find that I get 50/50/50

I get a hold of half of the cards, half that I get a hold of I set an appt with. Half that I see I sell.

But I don't just set an apt to set and appt. I qualify it with, "are you working? Employer plan? TriCare? Medicaid? Starting Medicare for the first time right?" All that checks out I'll see them.

I get a hold of half of the cards, half that I get a hold of I set an appt with. Half that I see I sell.

But I don't just set an apt to set and appt. I qualify it with, "are you working? Employer plan? TriCare? Medicaid? Starting Medicare for the first time right?" All that checks out I'll see them.

I get that. I used to get different results when I DM'd NY targeting both MA & Supp, Then when I Dm other states for supp.

Since I have done more DM for Supp, This is what I meant when I posted,

I have 1 piece gets me a ton of leads but it is ambiguous I guess, Mentions Govt and changes and so forth and they are the hardest to close, They close but at a lower % and I profit,

I have another that is more straightforward but it can be hit or miss, I might not get too many leads but They are more receptive when I call

----------

Also I believe you said in the past you do a lot of T65 mailers, I would imagine with T65 especially in FL they are getting so many pieces in the mail you could literally send anything that provokes them to mail back.No matter what they need a plan you just need to make contact to have a shot

Ouch 50 DM leads cost me about $500 with my discount. About $750 without.

Opps, I misspoke a little....I was thinking of how much it cost to get FE leads back. DM for Medicare can get 3-5% return, so from 1000 you'd get back 30-50, and it cost about $400-450 to mail 1000.

I get that. I used to get different results when I DM'd NY targeting both MA & Supp, Then when I Dm other states for supp. Since I have done more DM for Supp, This is what I meant when I posted, I have 1 piece gets me a ton of leads but it is ambiguous I guess, Mentions Govt and changes and so forth and they are the hardest to close, They close but at a lower % and I profit, I have another that is more straightforward but it can be hit or miss, I might not get too many leads but They are more receptive when I call ---------- Also I believe you said in the past you do a lot of T65 mailers, I would imagine with T65 especially in FL they are getting so many pieces in the mail you could literally send anything that provokes them to mail back.No matter what they need a plan you just need to make contact to have a shot

Yeah I only mail out T65 DM cards.

Opps, I misspoke a little....I was thinking of how much it cost to get FE leads back. DM for Medicare can get 3-5% return, so from 1000 you'd get back 30-50, and it cost about $400-450 to mail 1000.

How many telemarketed med supp leads do you buy per week?

How many telemarketed med supp leads do you buy per week?

I buy a set of 40-60/mo, that's it...I don't sell Medicare by phone f/t, and don't want to. Whenever I exhaust all those, I buy again, reach usually the next month.

If I could find the "secret sauce" to converting 10-15%, I'd sell more by phone.

I buy a set of 40-60/mo, that's it...I don't sell Medicare by phone f/t, and don't want to. Whenever I exhaust all those, I buy again, reach usually the next month. If I could find the "secret sauce" to converting 10-15%, I'd sell more by phone.

So you're spending around $500 per month ($6,000 per year) in leads ... About 50 leads per month (600 per year) ... What's your conversion percentage around 20% (10 new clients per month)?

So you're spending around $500 per month ($6,000 per year) in leads ... About 50 leads per month (600 per year) ... What's your conversion percentage around 20% (10 new clients per month)?

Ha Ha, 10 per $500 spent. Now that would be some secret sauce

Back