The Shank Agency

Seems like it might be a family affair?

That guy on the left looks like he's had more than a few Shank's cheesesteaks.
Now, now while Prosperity Gospel can be exploitative, it's nothing like an MLM. There are no products or recruiting lower levels involved in Prosperity Gospel.

The only level is you to the religious leaders organization.

You send money to the church, usually called "seed money", and the theory is God will bless you with wealth and health.

Now, people will come back and say what a person does with their money is their choice. Generally, that's right. However, when a televangelist shames you for not giving because you're in financial dire straights. Or when a Televangelist leads you to believe that all have to do is give money to cure a disease, that's exploitative.

Scientology, on the other end of the spectrum, is more closely to using the MLM model. You buy in... Once you get to a certain level, you can recruit others and get 10% of their services. They get to a certain level, rinse and repeat.

There's enough wrong with organized religion, you don't have to mischaracterize their practices.
Well, you know when Benny Hinn himself is atoning for decades of spouting that bullshit....The gig is up!:yes:

Seems like it might be a family affair?

I see that. Yeah, Steve’s his dad. I poked around a bit to see if it was the same Steve that I know. We haven’t been in direct contact for over 2 decades, but we have mutual friends who are still in touch, so sometimes I hear about him. But I didn’t know he and his wife had gotten into the insurance business. Apparently Jordan recruited them after Steve retired. Life is full of surprises! I will say that although, as I mentioned, I’ve never known Jordan as an adult, I know his mom and dad to be very respectable, kind, and caring people. Just the kind of folks who would do well in this business.

But I still don’t know if SFG is MLM. Do you know?

Last edited:
just a squirrely kid when I was teaching 1st graders in Sunday School. Small world sometimes!

Those Sunday School kids, was one and then taught them. :laugh:... now they visit my nursing home. ;)

I'm still squirrely though... :yes:... and still going to Sunday School... cause I need it.:yes:

As to religious stuff, I look at it as more as a relationship then a bunch of to do's. Don't think the good Lord is recruiting insurance salesmen, but I do think he loves people who happen to sale insurance.

But then again, I'm just a squirrely Sunday School kid, what do I know. :goofy:

Ok, I did a little digging on SFG, and found this very thorough review from David Duford (@Rearden here on the forums). @revcall, I think this would be the info you’re really looking for.

Symmetry Financial Group Review [No BS]

To reiterate, The Shank Agency is a team that works within the Symmetry organization. As David points out, the individual agencies will vary within the organization as far as whether they put more emphasis on agent development or recruiting. Personally, I don’t think somebody should be recruiting until they’ve been successful with the system themselves over more than just a few months. So it would be interesting to know how this agency approaches recruiting vs development.

Generally, I see some pros and cons here. Jordan’s apparently done well with it, so it may be a good opportunity. However, it would also be worth comparing it with other opportunities in the life insurance business before deciding to go ahead with it.

I see that. Yeah, Steve’s his dad. I poked around a bit to see if it was the same Steve that I know. We haven’t been in direct contact for over 2 decades, but we have mutual friends who are still in touch, so sometimes I hear about him. But I didn’t know he and his wife had gotten into the insurance business. Apparently Jordan recruited them after Steve retired. Life is full of surprises! I will say that although, as I mentioned, I’ve never known Jordan as an adult, I know his mom and dad to be very respectable, kind, and caring people. Just the kind of folks who would do well in this business.

But I still don’t know if SFG is MLM. Do you know?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways????

Ok, I did a little digging on SFG, and found this very thorough review from David Duford (@Rearden here on the forums). @revcall, I think this would be the info you’re really looking for.

Symmetry Financial Group Review [No BS]

To reiterate, The Shank Agency is a team that works within the Symmetry organization. As David points out, the individual agencies will vary within the organization as far as whether they put more emphasis on agent development or recruiting. Personally, I don’t think somebody should be recruiting until they’ve been successful with the system themselves over more than just a few months. So it would be interesting to know how this agency approaches recruiting vs development.

Generally, I see some pros and cons here. Jordan’s apparently done well with it, so it may be a good opportunity. However, it would also be worth comparing it with other opportunities in the life insurance business before deciding to go ahead with it.

New agent vs. old agent. Newer less experienced agents need direction and a home until they become proficient in some key areas. That being said, there are far too many organizations that are all to willing to take advantage of newer agents and their ignorance of both the industry and product. But let's face it, when someone is taking a piece of your pie, if they aren't backing that up with something that is helpful to you and your business, then it's just taking a piece of your pie.

More experienced agents look for ways in which an organization they choose can add to their business without taking too much of their pie. I hate giving away too much of my pie... but I've passed out a bunch pie over the years. :realmad:

Back