The Typical FE Client Demographic

This thread is so "politically incorrect" on so many levels some of you should really be ashamed of yourselves. I cannot believe I'm the first one to point that out. Most typically talk about having the "right" carrier to help everyone and give them the best product yet this post is literally degrading African Americans point blank as if they are not worth the time or are just energy.

Guys...and I'm sure some will take offense to my post but as I'm reading this thread I'm literally like WTF? Are these guys seriously saying these things out in the open?

Listen...my best clients are in lower income areas. Why? because they see death every single day. They believe in life insurance. You're gonna have policy's fall off no matter the "demographic". But this thread is throwing us as professionals back t the 1940's in a heart beat and frankly is embarrassing as a professional.

Sorry guys. Embarrassing.

I just re read the thread. Other than one poster that seems to dislike his customers, I assume not to their face, I do not see what you see. Quack was asking a question based on a description he got from someone else. Can you be a bit more specific.

This thread is so "politically incorrect" on so many levels some of you should really be ashamed of yourselves. I cannot believe I'm the first one to point that out. Most typically talk about having the "right" carrier to help everyone and give them the best product yet this post is literally degrading African Americans point blank as if they are not worth the time or are just energy.

Guys...and I'm sure some will take offense to my post but as I'm reading this thread I'm literally like WTF? Are these guys seriously saying these things out in the open?

Listen...my best clients are in lower income areas. Why? because they see death every single day. They believe in life insurance. You're gonna have policy's fall off no matter the "demographic". But this thread is throwing us as professionals back t the 1940's in a heart beat and frankly is embarrassing as a professional.

Sorry guys. Embarrassing.

Don't know to whom you are directing your comments but mine were addressed strictly to income levels and did not degrade any ethnic group. Face it.. If they have no money, they can't pay premiums and if you manage to close a case that you know is going to fall off because of an inability or unwillingness to pay, then you haven't helped the client or their family. All you have done is earned yourself a few months earned commissions.

New guy giving advice and admonishments!

LOL. You obviously haven't figured it out like the other vets?

I'm not knew my friend. But that's another good point. I'm pretty well versed on the rules and for some reason I can't seem to ever find where you have to have so many post before you can disagree or "abominate" a thread or or poster??? But for some reason, when a "newby" on here has a major disagreement...THEY get ridiculed?

Still trying to figure out that one out?:err:

Well then, try figuring this out.

You claim the thread is not politically correct, yet on your website videos for manager meetings and trips there are hundreds of photos but I only counted one black individual and one black couple, no other non-whites.

There was a brunette with a nice tan though, real hot.

Oh, and when talking about being "well versed" in your last comment then perhaps you should spell "I'm not knew" correctly as in "I'm not new".

Clearly from your website you're not new to the business, but you are to the forum. So why be so indignant right from the start when you're qualified to give meaningful contributions to the community, build some relationships, so that eventually you can call someone out if you wish.

It would be a lot different than coming in and stomping your feet to be heard.

Don't know to whom you are directing your comments but mine were addressed strictly to income levels and did not degrade any ethnic group. Face it.. If they have no money, they can't pay premiums and if you manage to close a case that you know is going to fall off because of an inability or unwillingness to pay, then you haven't helped the client or their family. All you have done is earned yourself a few months earned commissions.

I'm not directing it to anyone particular. I know a lot of times some will say things indirectly when they mean it directly. I don't.

But I'll be blunt. This Thread basically tells me that blacks are a waste of time...can't manage their money...and should be sold to. Now, some can say otherwise and that may be true. But the way I read this at least is exactly that. Listen, I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire but I read so many ridiculous posts not only on here but elsewhere when agents puke the comments about "I want to help every customer I talk with" or "I want to have multiple carriers to make sure I offer the best plan possible" blah, blah, blah. But yet every agent I talk to asks me "what's the renewal" or "what's your rating"? Rarely ever, ever what are your rates like. AND...most think the rates with the main carrier we use are way high. (That's a whole other thread and I can back up they're not. Just most are ignorant to the underwriting)

So to read this thread that "blacks" can't afford our time or our services...? Ridiculous. When I have an agent who says "don't give me leads in THAT area." THAT is when I grab leads old or new and take that agent to those areas and sell the crap out of them. WHY? Because "they" see death everyday. "They" believe in it more than the Jone's out in the sticks. They would be more likely to keep it vs the Jone's who shop.

Guys...persistency has absolutely nothing to do with client, rates, carrier etc... It has everything to do with how you open, sell and most importantly CLOSE! We are very strict on our agents and how they do that plus what they do immediately after the sale to keep it on the books.

Turn this thread around and base it on whites. You think this wouldn't raise an eye brow or two? I'm just saying that alot of times the FE threads are "unprofessional" or should say immature but this one does not make us "professionals" look...professional.

That's all.

LOL. You obviously haven't figured it out like the other vets?

I'm not knew my friend. But that's another good point. I'm pretty well versed on the rules and for some reason I can't seem to ever find where you have to have so many post before you can disagree or "abominate" a thread or or poster??? But for some reason, when a "newby" on here has a major disagreement...THEY get ridiculed?

Still trying to figure out that one out?:err:

Weren't you on here before using a different ID?

I'm not directing it to anyone particular. I know a lot of times some will say things indirectly when they mean it directly. I don't.

But I'll be blunt. This Thread basically tells me that blacks are a waste of time...can't manage their money...and should be sold to. Now, some can say otherwise and that may be true. But the way I read this at least is exactly that. Listen, I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire but I read so many ridiculous posts not only on here but elsewhere when agents puke the comments about "I want to help every customer I talk with" or "I want to have multiple carriers to make sure I offer the best plan possible" blah, blah, blah. But yet every agent I talk to asks me "what's the renewal" or "what's your rating"? Rarely ever, ever what are your rates like. AND...most think the rates with the main carrier we use are way high. (That's a whole other thread and I can back up they're not. Just most are ignorant to the underwriting)

So to read this thread that "blacks" can't afford our time or our services...? Ridiculous. When I have an agent who says "don't give me leads in THAT area." THAT is when I grab leads old or new and take that agent to those areas and sell the crap out of them. WHY? Because "they" see death everyday. "They" believe in it more than the Jone's out in the sticks. They would be more likely to keep it vs the Jone's who shop.

Guys...persistency has absolutely nothing to do with client, rates, carrier etc... It has everything to do with how you open, sell and most importantly CLOSE! We are very strict on our agents and how they do that plus what they do immediately after the sale to keep it on the books.

Turn this thread around and base it on whites. You think this wouldn't raise an eye brow or two? I'm just saying that alot of times the FE threads are "unprofessional" or should say immature but this one does not make us "professionals" look...professional.

That's all.

Why would you take an agent out to a certain area/neighborhood when you sell over the phone??

Well then, try figuring this out.

You claim the thread is not politically correct, yet on your website videos for manager meetings and trips there are hundreds of photos but I only counted one black individual and one black couple, no other non-whites.

There was a brunette with a nice tan though, real hot.

Oh, and when talking about being "well versed" in your last comment then perhaps you should spell "I'm not knew" correctly as in "I'm not new".

Clearly from your website you're not new to the business, but you are to the forum. So why be so indignant right from the start when you're qualified to give meaningful contributions to the community, build some relationships, so that eventually you can call someone out if you wish.

It would be a lot different than coming in and stomping your feet to be heard.

:DLike I just posted somewhere else...where in the rules does it say you must post so many times to call out folks or disagree bud? Sorry to intrude on your little clicks but new or old...anyone can have a disagreement. Get over it.

Next...I see some pretty seasoned posters on here spell like a 1st grader. Doesn't mean anything other than auto correct sucks...you're typing too fast or it's late on a Friday night and for once I'm pretty much a loser talking on the Insurance Forum at 10:15 on a Friday night. :D

Next...really? Now you're checking to see if I met some type of racial quota in my personal pictures on my website? Now you're stretching it a bit much. But good try.

Last...I'm not new to this. Like a lot of others always seem to jump to so quick...search your threads and you'll figure it out.

But thanks for checking our site out!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why would you take an agent out to a certain area/neighborhood when you sell over the phone??
Matt...you know our story bro?

We've only been selling over the phone for a little over a year? You know...right about the time you signed up with me?

I've managed field agents for 10 years before we ventured into telesales.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Weren't you on here before using a different ID?
yes. As JD...I mean Columbo pointed out. I deleted my account way back when I was completely embarrassed and wasting my time on here. The new ID is our Call Letters.

Last edited:
Hey Dig, social media like forums usually require a little warming up to the various posters, doesn't it?

Ever have someone come into your cocktail party and barge in on your conversation rudely? That's what you did here.

And as for the racial comments you referred to, I was simply pointing out what might be hypocrisy from your point given the racial imbalance in your site's photos.

Does that make you wrong? Nope, not at all. It simply points out that immediate assumptions that you don't work with blacks, or that blacks are better FE candidates usually don't work. A little more thought, questions and research is necessary first.

Which brings up the main problem with social media and forums, which is its too easy to immediately react and say things we regret.

But you're entitled to your viewpoint, as am I. I still dig the brunette in your pics. If its your wife, my complements.

Welcome to the forum!

Back