There is no Magic

I'm guessing the secret sauce includes a Part D review? ;)

This is where I see the biggest opportunity to make a difference. I find clients are often surprised when I stop them and begin review each and every medication they have.

It’s puzzling that agents would leave themselves open to complaints or other issues resulting from not doing medication reviews.

If you are working the T65 market and not doing the Part D you really are not an expert . And you are not truly helping the client and will never be successful in this market.

they had insurance for the past 40+ years, but that was through an HR department.

Very true. A good agent will take the time to EDUCATE them vs trying to sell what the agent thinks they should have. Many of these retirees do want direction and appreciate gentle guidance.

But I also find those who were self employed or worked for companies that did not offer insurance. They have been buying their own insurance for years, especially before this Obamacare train wreck. Yet they really don't understand Medicare.

I enjoy the T65 market and actually target those folks. I still write a fair number of 65+ who just want to change plans but not as many as I did a few years ago.

Very true. A good agent will take the time to EDUCATE them vs trying to sell what the agent thinks they should have. Many of these retirees do want direction and appreciate gentle guidance.

But I also find those who were self employed or worked for companies that did not offer insurance. They have been buying their own insurance for years, especially before this Obamacare train wreck. Yet they really don't understand Medicare.

I enjoy the T65 market and actually target those folks. I still write a fair number of 65+ who just want to change plans but not as many as I did a few years ago.

When I was working Medicare heavily one of my frustrations was the Medicare and You book. Like most folks are going to sit down and read that thing and come out at the end and know just what plan they are going to get??? Waste of paper in my mind... that being said though, I learned to use the book (asked for them to get theirs while in the home) to sell out of. I've closed many sales out of that book.

Hmm... sitting here thinking about that, I am sure some bureaucratic word smith never assumed he was printing a sales manual! :laugh:

I love the Medicare and You Book, its great for brokers, it takes clients months to get through it and they can never understand it. I explain it all in 60 minutes and provide expert guidance on what they need to do in their specific situation. I educate them on how and if they need to enroll in Medicare and help them with their options Med Supp + PDP or MAPD.

Medicare is so confusing to so many. So like every successful broker on here, having product knowledge on all the different scenarios and educating clients is a winning recipe.

I love the Medicare and You Book, its great for brokers, it takes clients months to get through it and they can never understand it. I explain it all in 60 minutes and provide expert guidance on what they need to do in their specific situation. I educate them on how and if they need to enroll in Medicare and help them with their options Med Supp + PDP or MAPD.

Medicare is so confusing to so many. So like every successful broker on here, having product knowledge on all the different scenarios and educating clients is a winning recipe.

Now the government need to send out a manual on life insurance... that would be great!

Now the government need to send out a manual on life insurance... that would be great!
tenor.gif

Back