James2020

The main point of this post is: Don't waste your time and money getting your 6-20 Insurance Adjusters License in Florida. There are currently over 50,000 licensed adjusters in Florida, and the insurance companies will only hire you after a storm IF: you have 10+ years of field experience, and you are an expert in Xactimate with all the certifications.
I had dollar signs in my eyes after Hurricane Irma in 2017, seeing so many adjusters making $10's of thousands of dollars in just a few months. I even got an "Emergency Adjusters License" then because there were over 200,00 claims filed from home owners. After 3 months as an Emergency Adjuster for Avatar Insurance Company, and making a fraction of what they were paying regular adjusters, I went ahead and invested hundreds of dollars and countless hours getting my full 6-20 Adjusters License.
During the next year there were several major hurricanes, both here in Florida and elsewhere in Georgia South Carolina. I applied to dozens of insurance companies in all 3 states after those storms. The first questions they always had were: How many years of field adjusting experience do you have?, and How many years of Xactimate usage do you have? After hearing about my limited experience the hiring process ended and I never heard back from any of them.
Bottom line: Getting your 6-20 Adjusters License in Florida is a complete waste of time and money if you expect to get hired by anyone.

@adjusterjack - Your thoughts?

I don't know if adjusters can hire other adjusters or split duties or something... but that might be an idea to build some history and credibility? Even if it was on an 80/20 split basis, it would be "paying dues" to help you get where you wanted to go?

Just a thought from someone who has never been and never will be an adjuster.

This gives me the opportunity to talk about public adjusters.

Let's use a roof as an example. The roof costs 10,000 to replace. Public adjuster charges 15%. That leaves you with 8,500 to replace your roof (less your deductible). You probably wouldn't hire a public adjuster if you knew that was the outcome. What does the public adjuster do to get customers. He promises to get you 11,500 so he gets his 15% and you get enough to replace your roof. How does he do that? He inflates the repair estimate.

What do we call that, class? INSURANCE FRAUD.

I dealt with public adjusters for years. They are scammers. Beware.

Get a Life/Health license. At times the Insurance industry is a learn the hard way industry.

Back