Third Party PDP Quoting Tools

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
Who is everybody using for this? My FMO created a tool last year and they use Sunfire (I think that's the name of the company they use) for the data. It would be a pretty handy tool if it had accurate information. All my clients meds are stored and I click a button to run the comparison. However, I have lost all confidence in their ability to provide accurate information. This leads to me having to run the comparisons on the Medicare website, which as you all know, requires us to enter the medications each time. The whole idea behind these 3rd party systems is to save us time on that.

The first comparison I ran when their tool went live today was accurate with SilverScipt's pricing. I began running several and decided to start checking them on Medicare's website and the carriers website. I wouldn't have to do this if I could trust they had accurate data. As fate would have it, I started noticing big differences in pricing on WellCare's plans. Turns out, there are medications on my FMO's quoting tool listed as Tier 2 on WellCare's quotes when they are in fact Tier 3 medications.

This now means I have to run them all on Medicare's site since I have zero confidence in the FMO's quoting tool. I'm at the point where I think I'd be willing to pay for a tool that actually has accurate information.

Again, who do some of you use and is the data accurate?

Who is everybody using for this? My FMO created a tool last year and they use Sunfire (I think that's the name of the company they use) for the data. It would be a pretty handy tool if it had accurate information. All my clients meds are stored and I click a button to run the comparison. However, I have lost all confidence in their ability to provide accurate information. This leads to me having to run the comparisons on the Medicare website, which as you all know, requires us to enter the medications each time. The whole idea behind these 3rd party systems is to save us time on that.

The first comparison I ran when their tool went live today was accurate with SilverScipt's pricing. I began running several and decided to start checking them on Medicare's website and the carriers website. I wouldn't have to do this if I could trust they had accurate data. As fate would have it, I started noticing big differences in pricing on WellCare's plans. Turns out, there are medications on my FMO's quoting tool listed as Tier 2 on WellCare's quotes when they are in fact Tier 3 medications.

This now means I have to run them all on Medicare's site since I have zero confidence in the FMO's quoting tool. I'm at the point where I think I'd be willing to pay for a tool that actually has accurate information.

Again, who do some of you use and is the data accurate?

Most FMO's have this for free.

I use connecture and i really like it. They download all info directly from cms so i don’t see how it can’t be as accurate .

I really wanted to love Sunfire. I really did and put a lot of time and effort into it. Total waste of time. I'm still using Medicare.gov and re-typing the damn drugs. But its usually right after the first weekend and I print the damn thing to a PDF and send it to the client. Was even able to get Medicare to change a couple of Part D's last year because the plan finder was wrong and we had proof.

I really wanted to love Sunfire. I really did and put a lot of time and effort into it. Total waste of time. I'm still using Medicare.gov and re-typing the damn drugs. But its usually right after the first weekend and I print the damn thing to a PDF and send it to the client. Was even able to get Medicare to change a couple of Part D's last year because the plan finder was wrong and we had proof.
Have you tried ConnectureDRX? I posted a training video above.

I’ve been playing with Connecture. I love you can add the dr’s and it populates under the plans their in .No more having to run drs per carrier and when not in you have to pull another carrier . You can look at snp’s only or plans that cater to lung problems and other health issues ..

I’ve been playing with Connecture. I love you can add the dr’s and it populates under the plans their in . You can look at snp’s only or plans that cater to lung problems and other health issues ..

I don't verify doctors for O65. I rarely write MAPD anyway, but when I have to (especially U65 Medicare), I have them call their doctors, ask what Advantage plans they take and get both HMO/PPO answers. This accomplishes many things: when the directories are wrong (And they are. And its nobody's fault.), I don't get yelled at. When the doc gives wrong info, I don't get yelled at. And when the doc says "I take XYZ this year, but I am not going to next year", we are ahead of it.

Latest posts

Back