This WILL Help You Sell More Health Insurance

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I just got an email from my Marfans support group that says that now all kids with Marfans can get health insurance and how we should all be applying for our kids.

If you are a health agent, you need to be targeting this support groups and signing up a lot of kids with Pre-Existing Conditions.

I've gotten at least 37 emails today from my Marfans group, asking each other about the new rules and how they can apply. If an agent was to go after them and other groups, you would make a lot of sales.

Marfan-List Info Page

This is the list that I'm on and people are begging for agents to help them write their kids.

I'm not a health agent, so I can't help them.

Search for more groups and list like this and help them write the children.

Re: I Think This Will Help You Sell More Health Insurance.

I am ALL OVER IT!!!

Wait, I, ummm, I dont have any plans to sell children!!

How did this happen?

And the carriers that are offering kids GI policies are of course paying ZERO commission on those cases.

Hurry up and work for free? No opportunity here, nothing to see, move along.

And the carriers that are offering kids GI policies are of course paying ZERO commission on those cases.

Hurry up and work for free? No opportunity here, nothing to see, move along.

Benefit updates to UnitedHealthOne plans
effective September 23, 2010

UnitedHealthOne personal health plans (excluding Short Term and Stat Plans) with effective dates of September 23, 2010 or later will have the following additional benefits:

• Preventive care coverage: no deductible, coinsurance, copays or waiting period (for covered in-network care)
  • No aggregate lifetime dollar maximum.
  • Prescription drugs - any annual dollar limit will be removed.
  • Outpatient spine and back - any annual dollar limit will be removed.
  • Mental disorders and substance abuse - any lifetime or annual dollar limit will be removed.
    • Outpatient expenses will be considered the same as outpatient expenses for medical disorders.
    • No change for plans that do not cover mental disorders and substance abuse (e.g. Saver plans without a state variation).
  • Children under age 19 (on plans with a primary insured age 19 or older).
    • Children under age 19 will have no preexisting conditions exclusions.
    • As required on a state-by-state basis, children under age 19 will not be declined on or after September 23, 2010, based on medical history. We continue to await further guidance and clarification on this topic.
Updates to E-Store quoting software will be made in the coming weeks. Printed materials will soon be accompanied by an insert that explains the changes.

We are also removing the $500 deductible level on all plans as of 9/23, and E-Store will no longer quote this level. Any application received with a $500 deductible will be automatically processed as a $1,000 deductible instead. Paper applications reflecting the removal of the $500 deductible will be made as soon as practical.

There is a company doing it. I wonder how much they pay agents.

Interesting that Anthem CA is currently blacked out for 9/23 plans pending approvals.

I have heard mention of the possible change of deductibles on some plans like SmartSense and elimination of lower deductible plans (perhaps nothing below 2500). The information above (from STI) shows a similar action.

PPACA changes = bye bye to low deductible PPO plans
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There is a company doing it. I wonder how much they pay agents.
I most cases I have heard that best case scenario is regular commission on the adult portion that can actually pass underwriting and NO commission on the GI kid or kids segment of the case. Cigna was originally going to withhold commission on ANY of the case where a kid went GI on a family application. They softened it up a bit, but pay ZERO commission on the GI kid or kids.

Last edited:
I cannot in good conscience submit an application to a carrier knowing that the risk involved exceeds the anticipated risk profile.

I'd rather sell used cars.

Personally, I won't submit any apps where someone is trying to game the system. I'll be more than happy to refer them to Ehealth or directly to the carriers.

I've walked away from plenty of apps during my career.

Cigna was originally going to withhold commission on ANY of the case where a kid went GI on a family application. They softened it up a bit, but pay ZERO commission on the GI kid or kids.

Really?

I had this discussion with my rep 2 days ago and at that time they were holding firm on $0 comp.

Really?

I had this discussion with my rep 2 days ago and at that time they were holding firm on $0 comp.
I have a copy of an e-mail Rick sent me indicating the change of position. I'll forward it to you privately. It specifies California so perhaps Cigna is doing this state-by-state?

E-mail sent.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back