Thorough NAICS or classification manual with exposure risks/details?

MichaelRS

Expert
Wondering if anyone out there uses a service or has information on where I can find a manual or service that can provide full insurance background on a NAICS or classification including: 1) most important exposures, 2) exposures on the horizon, 3) questions to ask, 4) specific exposures to classification, etc.

I feel like there were books from the "olden" days that went through classifications and broke all of this down so newbies could work on an account by going through the lists, suggestions, information.

Ideally, I'd prefer a service with an API so I can integrate into my own broad solution (in this case, I want to build an automated risk review that generates a document based on a business name).

I guess I could build something myself, but it would be nicer if someone already had the data and I can just ping it for a fee (or free!).

Are you talking about the Scopes manual? Or, you can just look on the ncci website

Preference is Best's Underwriter Guide or similar (looks like available through AM Best). Seems like there may be a subscription available online but it's pretty costly ($875 annually). Individual reports look to be $62.

Wondering if you can gain access through any insurance carriers who already subscribe.

A friend of mine went through State Auto's sales program called PaceSetter about 5 years and that included a pdf of AM Best's guide. If you were to spend $875 for the guide, might as well go for the whole program.

Wondering if anyone out there uses a service or has information on where I can find a manual or service that can provide full insurance background on a NAICS or classification including: 1) most important exposures, 2) exposures on the horizon, 3) questions to ask, 4) specific exposures to classification, etc.

I feel like there were books from the "olden" days that went through classifications and broke all of this down so newbies could work on an account by going through the lists, suggestions, information.

Ideally, I'd prefer a service with an API so I can integrate into my own broad solution (in this case, I want to build an automated risk review that generates a document based on a business name).

I guess I could build something myself, but it would be nicer if someone already had the data and I can just ping it for a fee (or free!).

If you are still looking, IRMI , I have used their checklist and it was pretty thourough, and affordable.

Latest posts

Back