Thrown Out of a DSNPs Home

When you sensed she was a "little off", you should have remembered your "certification" training.

On the phone? There's no cert training saying you shouldn't see them if they seem off on the phone.

When I was new to insurance I would have driven there no problem as well.

One thing I will say to the OP, after a while of getting your feet wet you'll probably try to stay clear of obvious Medicaid appts. Sure, sometimes it's an easy buck but in my experience, they fall off the books too easily and they will call you the most

On the phone? There's no cert training saying you shouldn't see them if they seem off on the phone.

When I was new to insurance I would have driven there no problem as well.

One thing I will say to the OP, after a while of getting your feet wet you'll probably try to stay clear of obvious Medicaid appts. Sure, sometimes it's an easy buck but in my experience, they fall off the books too easily and they will call you the most

Same experience here. I still do these from time to time, but only when it's a referral from a "stable" client.

The SNP market can be a powder keg sometimes. Technically you can enroll SLMB's
into a dual plan, but then they may get bills for part of the deductibles and 20% so you are better off walking away now instead of facing chargebacks and getting thrown under the bus when they complain to CMS. Welcome to my world.

The real lesson learned here is not to deal with low income people at any cost.

I know this is not pc but its the truth. As others have said they are a total pain in the ass for many reasons.

There is tons of biz to be had by people who will treat you well, happily pay you what you're worth, and send you referrals if you give outstanding service. Spend your time with them. (hint... these people are almost NEVER low income folks)

When the first parts of healthcare reform kicked in 1/1/12 where DSNP could no longer be PPO's but only HMO's I lost big time, my main DSNP exited the market and there was no replacement for all of the counties I served but one county and the new HMO is garbage in that county, so at any rate I lost $3,200 in renewal commissions per month because I was to be paid for 10 years for these people and 90 % of my people stayed on the books the plan was very good in this area and we always added new members. I had to let a staff member go and down size to a smaller office.
Never put all your eggs in the DSNP basket!

Back