Time for Change

Experienced Agent

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I recently sold an life and health agency and will not be able to sell insurance in my current geographic area. I am much to young to retire and would like to build a new agency working primarily telephone sales. I'm convinced that I can make money selling individual health products over the phone. I know the internet lead companies are not much better than thieves, but it appears to be part of the game.

Any advice as to how I can get into this market without making too many or too costly mistakes. Your help is appreciated!

Not for nothing, but there is a great deal of information on here at your disposal as it sits now, infinitely more than would be discussed on this thread alone even if you were to receive a good many responses.

FWIW - Folks on here are generally much more helpful if you respond with specific questions vs "I'm just getting started; what should I do now?" Is there something specific you're looking for help with?

I recently sold an life and health agency and will not be able to sell insurance in my current geographic area. I am much to young to retire and would like to build a new agency working primarily telephone sales. I'm convinced that I can make money selling individual health products over the phone. I know the internet lead companies are not much better than thieves, but it appears to be part of the game.

Any advice as to how I can get into this market without making too many or too costly mistakes. Your help is appreciated!

I do not see anyone doing very well selling indivdiual health products in the future due to Obamacare. Personally I would look elsewhere.

I'll give you the exact same advice I give anyone who calls me and says they want to sell health insurance online.

First, you'll need to assess your phone skills. They'll have to be a 9 out of 10. Secondly, the learning curve costs right around $5,000 - meaning this is about what you'll spend total before you really have a firm grasp on how to sell online working internet leads.

So if you have the $5,000 and a few months for a learning curve, that's a good start.

why health insurance when the country is headed towards an exchange??? I'd find a different product to sell.

Back