Time Management....

Read Booking Yourself Solid, I forgot if Bob or Paul recommended it, but its great at developing conversational pitches. It will show you how to make three pitches, explaining what you do, based on length of conversation...
I think I will get this book as well. I don't have a problem talking to people and striking up a conversation, but I do have a problem leading the conversation to my business. I just think they won't think it is sincere like I just talked to them for my own reasons. Or how do you ask questions with a basic stranger without sounding like your questioning them. Oh by the way here is my card maybe I can give you a quote or a review or save you some money or..... It seems I am having a great conversation with someone then feel if I bring up business they will think what does this have to do with what we were talking about? User! user! Someone help with this pleeeese:yes: I mean if you have some nice suggestions not sarcastic ones!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I think I will get this book as well. I don't have a problem talking to people and striking up a conversation, but I do have a problem leading the conversation to my business. I just think they won't think it is sincere like I just talked to them for my own reasons. Or how do you ask questions with a basic stranger without sounding like your questioning them. Oh by the way here is my card maybe I can give you a quote or a review or save you some money or..... It seems I am having a great conversation with someone then feel if I bring up business they will think what does this have to do with what we were talking about? User! user! Someone help with this pleeeese:yes: I mean if you have some nice suggestions not sarcastic ones!
I just looked that book up and new I herd it some where. Michael Port was a speaker at an Annuity seminar I went to a few months ago. He talks a lot about networking in the community, chamber etc. If anyone has read this book? can you tell me if it gives advice about the conversation question?

</IMG>

Last edited:
I'm not a big networked, but used one piece of this book to make a sale. After the event, I picked three people who I figured could make good clients, mailed a 3 page white paper to them, then called a few days later to meet over coffee. One is now a client. I may have got the same results just calling, I'm not sure.

The trick to handing out your card is to totally forget about your own interests. People only place their business with us if they either trust us and/or they like what we can give to them. In this case, ask a person about what they do, get really interested and ask atleast one probing question, I like to ask people how they HELP other people or businesses. After you ask, let it go to silence, and if that other person hasn't already, they will surely ask what you do, and thats when you hand them your card, and pick one of 3 lengthy versions of how you HELP other people or businesses.
Call the next day or two while your fresh in their mind, and ask them if you can meet with them.
Be interested in them, they will note that, and in turn that will build trust with them.

Booking yourself solid is only OK in my opinion. I downloaded the audio book for free from my library and listened to it on the way to appointments, etc.

I will buy it this week. thanks...

You might want to read some of the reviews on Amazon about the book as well as this discussion before you spend the money. The reviews sound like they are "loaded" meaning they were posted by the author's organization to look real and to sell his seminars. You make the call... but that's what it looks like to me... and having owned a book publishing biz for 20 years I know all the tricks.

Of course, if you get just "one thing" out of a $20 book, you still got your money's worth.

YMMV.

There wasn't much new in the book for me. And yes, he plugs himself pretty often but usually as an example of what he thinks you should do.

Back