TN Major Medical good insurance?

FWIW, ACA only allows 1st of the month coverage. You probably already found this out. Short term plans are available for any effective date you want but they are subject to underwriting and pre-ex limitations.

For anyone else that has loss of coverage as a qualifying event that happens mid-month, I would (personally-if it were my family) would enroll early and let the carrier catch the error (or not). Carriers habitually have not returned ACA premiums and changed the effective date retroactively when they have provided coverage. You are no worse off if they do catch the error unless they force a termination completely. I haven't heard of any cases like this but it's possible (perhaps). I have heard where worse clerical errors have been made by those working for the exchange.

FWIW, ACA only allows 1st of the month coverage. You probably already found this out. Short term plans are available for any effective date you want but they are subject to underwriting and pre-ex limitations.

For anyone else that has loss of coverage as a qualifying event that happens mid-month, I would (personally-if it were my family) would enroll early and let the carrier catch the error (or not). Carriers habitually have not returned ACA premiums and changed the effective date retroactively when they have provided coverage. You are no worse off if they do catch the error unless they force a termination completely. I haven't heard of any cases like this but it's possible (perhaps). I have heard where worse clerical errors have been made by those working for the exchange.

Too late now but all I was thinking for was accident coverage in case of ER or hospital for the 15 day the kids were without coverage till the 1st, only because state cov ended on the 16th new coverage can only begin on the 1st

Accident coverage is the high commission plan and I've never seen any that I would buy. I've made it available for some groups as a defense against other agents then pushed the DI instead. It should never be a replacement for MM. Some agents justify it as beingbetter than nothing. I'd prefer to have my money so think nothing is better than accident coverage.

Accident coverage is the high commission plan and I've never seen any that I would buy. I've made it available for some groups as a defense against other agents then pushed the DI instead. It should never be a replacement for MM. Some agents justify it as beingbetter than nothing. I'd prefer to have my money so think nothing is better than accident coverage.

No the real plan starts on the 1st but because I have a 4-year-old with autism, I am concerned if he has an accident gets hurt and has to go to the hospital

OK but be ware that most accident policies pay little unless you get (un)lucky.

Not sure what you are saying if he fell of the table and broke his leg? I mean I haven't sold any of this since Obama But used to be covered after deductible usually at 80%. And its used to be inexpensive maybe like $150 for the 15 days with maybe a 1k deductible.

I mean that was all I was looking for 15 days is this not what you are talking about, I am confused

either way its too late it's the 21st and new coverage starts on the first

Back